PDA

View Full Version : The First Tigard Bike Advisory Committee Meeting...

K'Tesh
07-29-2008, 11:16 PM
OK, so this isn't real (The 5th Tuesday meetings are real, and below is info on the next one) but it could be...

IMAGINE

City Recorder
503-639-4171 x2410
cathy@tigard-or.gov

The First Tigard Bike Advisory Committee meeting is schedualed for September 30th at 7 p.m.

Members of the Tigard City Council will be available at the Tigard Water Building Auditorium located at 8777 SW Burnham Street to hear and discuss citizen concerns, issues, or input on cycling-related matters. Proposed discussion topics will be limited to City of Tigard issues.

A trained facilitator will be present to encourage open dialogue and equal participation. Those cyclists who attend will be asked to sign in. The Council might set time limits for suggested topics based on the number of topics introduced and the number of cyclists who attend. Council may determine that discussion of a topic requires additional resources such as staff support, documents, or other materials to help respond to an inquiry. In such a case, Council might decide to accept the issue for further discussion or correspondence at a later time.

The meeting is a public meeting and topical minutes will be kept. A quorum of Council will not be needed to conduct the meeting; in fact, lack of a quorum is likely.

The Advisory meetings will be held on the Fifth Tuesday of each month and will will begin at 7 p.m. and conclude promptly at 9 p.m. or earlier if the discussions are concluded before 9 p.m. Council encourages cyclists to attend the meeting to take advantage of the opportunity to meet the Council members and interact in relaxed setting. For further information, please contact City Recorder Cathy Wheatley by calling 503-639-4171, Ext 2410.

The 5th Tuesday meetings are real, you want better cycling in Tigard? You want to protect your legal right to the road? You better attend.

Haven_kd7yct
09-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Hi K'Tesh-- I'll try to be there....

K'Tesh
09-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Tigard Citizens please remember this...

I'm not a Tigard Citizen, so no amount of complaining on my part can necessarily sway Tigard's City Council on issues like bikelanes...

If you want 'em, I'd recommend you tell them. The more people we get into the meeting the more likely we are to get things moving the way we need them to go.

Thanks
K'Tesh

wyeast
09-23-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm not a Tigard resident either, so y'all had better GO GO GO for the rest of us. :D