PDA

View Full Version : Where have we heard this excuse before?

Cruizer
07-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Thursday afternoon at around 2:30 I locked my bike in the Westmoreland business district and turned briefly into a pedestrian. I was exactly halfway across SE 16th, heading east, when a car zipped around the corner off Bybee and turned right in front of me. It missed me by two feet or less. Since the driver then parked the car a mere three car lengths away -- what was her big hurry?! -- I strolled over to her as she was exiting her vehicle and said very calmly, "Just a friendly observation; if a police officer had seen you pass in front of me just now you would have gotten a massive ticket." She looked perplexed and had not a clue of what I was talking about. Then I told her the situation and she said, "I didn't even see you." At that point I groaned and she, at least, acknowledged, "That makes it even more scary."

Here's hoping that she drives with more awareness from here on out.

lovetobikedaily
07-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Cruizer,
Glad your OK...your right. Drivers just don't see bikes or motorcycles. I hope with more people riding we will become more visible. Or, drivers will become more aware of their surroundings.
Everyone be safe out there.