PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Purchase

DeDe
05-11-2006, 04:33 PM
I've been borrowing a friend's bike for a year now and am finally ready to buy my own. I know I want a road bike, but it's just so overwhelming trying to wade through the choices and information and decide what to buy.

Every store I go in recommends something different. Different people in the SAME store even have differing recommendations. I can't even figure out which brand is best for me.

I've also tried looking online for some reviews, but they only seem to add to the confusion.

Can anyone suggest a good resource for guiding one through this process? Or is it just a matter of buying a bike, any bike, and getting on with it?

DeDe

donnambr
05-11-2006, 07:35 PM
DeDe,

My apologies if I am assuming incorrectly, but I gather from your name that you are a woman. There is a great women's cycling discussion board here:

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/index.php

There are a lot of women participating who are avid road bikers. They have a great deal of knowledge of and experience with road bikes, and will be happy to share their opinions with you. You might get the most valuable opinions from women who have a similar body type to yours. Good luck!