PDA

View Full Version : N Vancouver and Broadway

Bjorn
06-27-2008, 09:59 AM
This morning I rode a way I am not that familiar with so that I could go try out breakfast on the bridges. Coming south on Vancouver I got to the broadway intersection just as the light for the cars coming off the I5 south turned green. The problem is that when you are in the bike lane on vancouver you can see those lights much better than the lights that are actually for vancouver traffic. As the light changed the cyclist in front of me saw it and thought it was for us and sped up, I started to do the same. Luckily I realized the cars to my right were also moving and hit my brakes or I would have gotten smooshed and it would have been totally my fault. They really need to do something different, perhaps adding a light that is clearly for the vancouver bike lane that goes green with the other vancouver lights and is red with the I-5 exit ramp lights. I'm sure this is no big deal if you ride it all the time but it is sketchy for people not familiar with the flow there.

Bjorn

brock
06-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Bjorn - Instead of taking Vancouver all the way south to Broadway, hook a right on N Russell, followed by a quick left onto N Flint. Take this south to Broadway. Keep in mind, the Flint/Broadway intersection has been the target of stop sign stings, and watch for traffic on Broadway taking the right onto N Wheeler after you pull out.

tvhwy
06-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Motorists get equally confused there!