PDA

View Full Version : Hawthorne Bridge Ped

flying_dutchman
06-19-2008, 07:32 AM
Traveling West over the Hawthorne Bridge I was following another cyclist past the bus stop on the bridge approach. A pedestrian got out of the bus and walked directly into the path of the biker in front of me. The ped saw the cyclist and for all intents challenged the cyclist to hit him. The cyclist (and I) avoided the pedestrian, but he had harsh words at us anyway.

What makes people carry so much attitude?

djasonpenney
06-19-2008, 08:48 AM
It's the same attitude that makes a cyclist dart out in front of a 3000 pound SUV operated by a soccer mom with a cell phone in one hand, a latte in the other, lipstick in another, and screaming kids in the back seat.

I mean, sheesh, yes, the rules on right of way are clear, but folks, please show some common sense. Social Darwinism at work here...

Traveling West over the Hawthorne Bridge I was following another cyclist past the bus stop on the bridge approach. A pedestrian got out of the bus and walked directly into the path of the biker in front of me. The ped saw the cyclist and for all intents challenged the cyclist to hit him. The cyclist (and I) avoided the pedestrian, but he had harsh words at us anyway.

What makes people carry so much attitude?