PDA

View Full Version : Tobogganed my mike?

zach
06-18-2008, 08:37 AM
So my bmx friend says that I "tobogganed my bike" (sp?). I was shifting and the wheel went 90 degrees from my direction of travel, and I flipped a@@ over teakettle. Skinned my elbow up pretty good.

Worst part was that my wife was riding with me, this after trying for months to convince her that it was safe. . .

phail. . .

wyeast
06-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Ouch. :(

Reminds me of a time I was riding home in jr high. I had a box full of pens under one arm (it was the last day of classes), riding my 10-speed down the hill away from the school. A car came up to an intersection (didn't cross in front of me, tho'), but I misjudged trying to pull the brake with one hand.

Ended up slamming the bike to the ground, with me on top of it, sliding for about another 20 feet. :cool: And yes, pens scattered all over the road. *slaps forehead* :D

toddistic
06-23-2008, 12:44 AM
So my bmx friend says that I "tobogganed my bike" (sp?). I was shifting and the wheel went 90 degrees from my direction of travel, and I flipped a@@ over teakettle. Skinned my elbow up pretty good.

Worst part was that my wife was riding with me, this after trying for months to convince her that it was safe. . .

phail. . .

my bike did that one time on a wet day with my slicks, front tire does a 90 degree, somehow i kept the bike up. lol pretty freaky