PDA

View Full Version : Gresham - Burnside

mtmann
05-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Monday afternoon (5/12) I was riding westbound in the bike lane on Burnside, between Cleveland and Main and a car with Oregon license YLJ 514, light colored sedan. Probably college-age boys, pulled alongside me. Passenger screamed and threw food at me, then moved to left lane and sped up. I passed them at the next light, but they moved back into the right lane and did the same thing again. I caught them again briefly at the next light, passenger screamed at me again (out of food maybe?) and that was the last I saw of them as they sped away. The passenger throwing the food has a pierced tongue, for what that's worth.

I made a report with Gresham PD. Officer was nice and said he's going to make contact - car registered in LaPine - but said without injury or seeing the event he didn't know what they could be charged with.

Which brings up the question for you lawyer-types. Was a crime committed? If so, what is it? Next time should I just skip the report and put my u-lock through the windshield?

lynnef
05-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Menacing?

being discussed in another close call thread

Attornatus_Oregonensis
05-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Didn't know what they could be charged with?! Then this guy needs to learn how to do his job. They did commit a crime. Let the PD/DA decide which one. Just insist that it be charged and prosecuted, please.