PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Knucklehead

t27
05-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Not that close a call for me, but for the knucklehead driver and everyone else who shares the road it was too close.

Tuesday about 6:00 I leave work and come to the intersection of Hall and Nimbus in Beaverton. The light turns red and I pull into the middle of the lane. This way right turners can get around me and it sends an unambiguous message to the left turners that I will be going straight.

Mr. Knucklehead is so blinded by his rage at the slow moving (actually stopped red light and all) bicycle that he guns it through the left turn only lane and completely blows the red light. Somehow he makes it across 5 lanes of Hall at 6 PM without getting T-boned. Where is that trash truck when you need it?

Black small Chevy pickup with extended cab and pipe rack.
Oregon ZPG 655

Since it was a work truck, I think his employer needs to know about the kind of liability that such behavior brings to his business.

lynnef
05-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Since it was a work truck, did you call the business?

t27
05-02-2008, 08:46 AM
My original plan was to call the business. However, it is highly unlikely he is prepared to accept responsibility for his actions any more than Johnny Eschweiler is prepared to accept responsibility. If he gets a talking too from the "Boss", he is far more likely to blame that "Bike" than his choice to run the light. As an athletic build 6'1" he is unlikely to confront me directly, far more likely to run me or some other bike down from behind. So on second thought, there is not much to be gained for bikes to confront this person. We can only hope there is a karmic truck in his near future.

Since he passed me at better than 30 still in first gear, we may not have to wait long for his truck to be off the road.

toddwaddell
05-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Yeah, he MAY come to resent cyclists and he MAY take it out on them. But he IS being a danger to himself and others.

And since employers so often need to receive multiple complaints about an employee before they feel they can act, I'd say call the employer and lodge a complaint.

-Todd

Attornatus_Oregonensis
05-05-2008, 02:37 PM
I agree with Todd.