PDA

View Full Version : Beaverton Transit Center... AGAIN!!!!

K'Tesh
04-17-2008, 09:10 PM
(forgive me, I don't have pics yet... I'll get them tomorrow)

I don't know what it is specifically about the Beaverton Transit Center, but it has happened again. I'm heading SB on Lombard, trying to decide if I ride the bike or if I board a bus.

I live to the North and East of the BTC. Crossing SW Lombard twice (once to get in the SB bike lane, once to get over to the transit center) doesn't make sense to me. Riding on the sidewalk is A) Legal (as long as I'm not going too fast, or passing peds w/o warning), B) Practical. Nothing is going to change that... that is except for the motorists exiting, or in one case entering the Quick Drop area. For those of you who are not familiar w/the BTC, just on the North of the WB track is an area that allows drivers to pull in and drop off, or pick up riders.

There are sidewalks and bike lanes on both the East (NB) and West (SB) sides of SW Lombard. The driveway for the Quick Drop cuts across the East, and it has a stopsign, it has very badly deterorated crosswalk lines. There is a hedge on the North side of the quickdrop area that although low, because the pavement is below grade prevents some drivers from observing me, other riders, and peds approaching the driveway.

This is where I had todays trouble. It has happened on many occasions, but today was one of the worst for me, due to the sheer size of the SUV, and the speed that the MORON behind the wheel was driving it. Remember, the Quickdrop is to the East, I'm heading South, so the sun was in my eyes. I was wearing my yellow coat. A motorist who was paying attention wouldn't have had any problem, short of that damned hedge in seeing me. I know to carefully watch that area. I spotted the SUV backing up, out of one of the parking spots, then speed for the intersection... I slowed, hoping that the driver would stop, but he barely slowed as he blew the stopsign and turned North. Had I not stopped, I'd have been broadsided at speed by this impatient SHITHEAD. I wish I could have thrown a brick into his path, but I had to settle for just yelling at that guy, and he did hear me, but I have no clue what he mouthed at me... I'm not a lip reader. This is not the first time I've had problems here. I'm not sure, but I think I've had the same problem with the same driver before. I did not get his license plate.

I've called TriMet about this problem before, I called again today. I've now added calls into Mayor Rob Drake's 24Hour Hotline. I'm afraid that someone someday is going to be hit, and perhaps killed here.

I would recommend:

Eliminating the hedge.
Add a series of speedbumps to slow motorists, including one at the stop line.
Add a caution sign reminding drivers of bikes/peds.
Add a video camera to record the intersection.
Perhaps painting the crosswalk differently (green/blue, add stripes)

If you find yourself dodging traffic here, add your voice to my complaint, I don't want to be going to a funeral or a hospital due to apathy for a known problem spot.

Be Safe Out There!
K'Tesh

Psyfalcon
04-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Today was a bad day for riding.

Almost hit a red light running bicyclist. If it was you, pay enough attention to see oncoming traffic! (Downtown).

WB Milikan. There is a small office complex, and the driveway is directly across from the road. Had to swerve my rollerblades (and dog) to miss someone not watching the sidewalk. I was only going about 10mph, or else my dog would have been hit. ORS calls inline skates pedestrian impliments, therefore I should be on the sidewalk, and nowhere does it say I can't be towed by a dog. It does say that people need to yeild to me in a crosswalk though.

Wether it is legal or makese sense to ride on the sidewalk out here (and sometimes I will) absolutely NO ONE checks before entering a crosswalk. I wish Beaverton or Washington County would crack down on it.

lynnef
04-17-2008, 09:24 PM
I would recommend riding on the street, where drivers look.

I ride through there (Lombard) fairly often, and have not ever had a close call. But I ride on the street.

djasonpenney
04-18-2008, 11:41 AM
An important principle of traffic safety is to avoid, whenever possible, astonishing other drivers. John Forester states a corollary of this: "Cyclists fare best when they act and are treated as drivers of vehicles."

I'm not a rabid vehicular cyclist, but I strongly subscribe to the Principle of Least Astonishment.

Riding on the left side of the street surprises drivers (unless you're in the United Kingdom).

Riding on the sidewalk surprises drivers, because you're moving quickly and you are removed from the lanes of traffic.

That being said, there are indeed places where I ride on the left side. Southbound on Cornelius Pass road, I turn left at Johnson and then ride on the sidewalk to the shopping center where my bead shop is. Many times of day I feel this is preferable than trying to make an unprotected left a half a block from TV Highway.

However, I <em>always</em> expect that motorists won't see me when I do this, and I don't get upset when I have to stop for them. This includes traffic overtaking me southbound that might turn left into the driveways, approaching traffic that may turn right into driveways, and cars exiting the driveways.

Just because it's <em>legal</em> to ride on sidewalks, doesn't mean it's a good idea. In fact, it's almost never advisable.

Simple Nature
04-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Sidewalks work as long as you are *like* a pedestrian.

Sidewalks are not direction-limited but lots of care must be taken when crossing streets or driveways... you know... look both ways.

I ride where it is safe, and high speed rush hour traffic is simply not safe... and a sidewalk comes in quite handy *if* you can slow your pace.

If I can keep up a good clip, I'll use the bike lane, in the proper direction only!-of course... and watch for the inevitable right hooks.

wsbob
04-18-2008, 08:56 PM
I live in the area. You'd think I'd know the streets better, but I don't. Is that Lombard that T's into Center and passes through the transit center? I ride Center enough, and always have occasion to look down that lo-o-o-ng stretch of concrete road that leads into the transit center when I stop at the stop sign located at the T intersection. Looks to be few businesses or residences entering into it, so it's a natural for speedy motor vehicles.

K'Tesh
04-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Wsbob,
SW Lombard is the street that the BTC is located on, and it does end at SW Center. The problem is where the Quick drop area (just North of the MAX tracks) exits onto SW Lombard.

Today, like yesterday I rode on the sidewalk, there were no cars exiting onto Lombard while I crossed the intersection. I watched the area for a couple of minutes while I waited for the bus today. I saw 4 cars exit, and not one stopped, most were speeding up as they blew through the sidewalk. I know that it is a small sample but I wasn't surprised.

Just my observations
K'Tesh

Simple Nature
04-18-2008, 10:29 PM
K-Tesh... imagine how dangerous you'd be with a video cam :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3288/2424091481_e7b09c1b1c_m.jpg

K'Tesh
04-18-2008, 10:34 PM
imagine how dangerous you'd be with a video cam :)

Trust me, I've thought about that... I've even got an idea of where to hide while I record... across the street, facing the area is an electrical box that I could hide behind.

Perhaps give a copy to the BAC, The Beaverton City Council, Local TV News... Youtube?

I've also thought about putting a brick on a stick sticking out about 7' in front of my bike... Get too close? Instant autobody work... http://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/devil.gif (http://forums.mtbr.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001)

Rubberside Down!
K'Tesh

ps I stole the smilies from http://forums.mtbr.com (http://forums.mtbr.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001) http://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/devil.gif (http://forums.mtbr.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001)

wsbob
04-19-2008, 10:12 AM
I rode by on Center today K'Tesh, and confirmed that the street I was thinking of was Lombard. Didn't ride south on Lombard past the point where the trouble you had happened, but it doesn't surprise me at all that people are blasting out of there without stopping. Sounds like, based on your observation and experience, Beaverton cops could get a case of writers cramp if they staked that intersection out and wrote citations for all the violators.

In this section of Lombard, there doesn't seem to be an average volume of traffic present (or, enforecement?), so maybe some motorists have it in their head that they don't have to stop.

I'll try and walk or ride by that intersection this weekend to take a look.

Simple Nature
04-19-2008, 01:49 PM
No worries, K'Tesh... no need to hide... people aren't looking! ...and that's the whole point.

I think if Beaverton really wanted to sting this area, a few bicycle cops could have a field day for a month. Things would change!

...and the upside to having bicycle cops in the area for a month?... they would provide input to the city planners and street commitee as to how badly that area SUCKS for cyclists! Just went through the TV Hwy/Hall vicinity today... Gheeeze!

Duncan
04-21-2008, 10:38 AM
I have to agree with Lynne here- my rule of thumb is that i will only coast down the sidewalk the last block to my destination. If I have to cross an intersection i will get out on the street and play with the big boys.

And to the inline skater who is towed by his dog, remember what John Muir wrote in his idiots guide for vw "it is more important that a car stop then go". I have inline skates but I wont use them around traffic because they are very slow to stop, and having the added pull of the dog... well do as you like but be careful ok?

K'Tesh
06-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Today, I headed out the door, got on the sidewalk heading against traffic (which is still legal). I saw three cars exiting at the Quick Drop area of the Beaverton Transit Center...

Car one blows the stop sign...

Car two blows the stop sign...

By the time car three gets there, I'm stopping, putting my feet down, yelling HEY! HEY! HEY! THERE'S A STOP SIGN THERE!!! :mad:

The guy's face was one of complete shock. He stopped, backed up, and I went past him... He rolled down the window, and I told him that he needs to stop for stop signs! :mad:

He appologized, and even offered to get me a cup of coffee... Since he appologized, I ramped back my tone, and declined the coffee. I went on my way muttering about the lack of response from TriMet, and my near crash experience, and started wondering what could be done.

As I got to the bus turn-in I looked back and saw that he had turned in the same direction as I was going (he in the lane, me on the sidewalk still). I saw his window was still down and since there was no traffic behind him, I asked him to stop.

I approached, and he appologized again, and again offered the coffee. I again declined, but I asked him why he blew the stop sign, and he said that he did look right but didn't see me because of the bushes. The thought "I KNEW IT!!! IT'S THOSE F***ING BUSHES" ran thru my head. I suggested that the guy, rather than buying me a coffee, call TriMet and tell them about the situation, and why he couldn't see me. I don't know if he did call TriMet, but he did seem genuinely sorry.

I however did call them... again... and left the same suggestions... again... and I still doubt that they will do much of anything until someone gets run over. I am not planning on being that someone.

I also called the Beaverton Mayor's hotline and left the same message I left last time... again... I've even tried to contact the Beaverton Police, but the officer I tried to reach was off duty today.

What I want:

THOSE F***ING BUSHES removed.
Additional Signage
The crosswalk repainted
A speed bump installed at the stop line.
A police sting
A camera installed to catch drivers

And/Or

A metered stop arm to prevent vehicles from blowing the stop, and those severe tire damage type shredding devices, to get those who fail to comply.

I can't believe that I'm the only one who has trouble here. If you've had any proplems her, please post...

Please contact
TriMet (503) 238 RIDE
the Police (503) 629-0111
the Mayor (503) 526-3700
the Beaverton Bike Advisory Committee (503) 526-2424

and anybody else you think that can help.

djasonpenney
06-09-2008, 10:04 PM
This is the problem with heading against traffic. Right turning cross traffic only looks left before turning right. Even if they stopped at the stop sign, they probably would still not see you.

Today, I headed out the door, got on the sidewalk heading against traffic (which is still legal). I saw three cars exiting at the Quick Drop area of the Beaverton Transit Center...

<snip>

K'Tesh
06-09-2008, 10:32 PM
This is the problem with heading against traffic. Right turning cross traffic only looks left before turning right. Even if they stopped at the stop sign, they probably would still not see you.

I'd make that, "they often only glance right before looking left then turning".

If those Damned bushes were removed, a serious obstacle to safe sidewalks would be gone. And it doesn't matter if I'm on a bike, or iPlodding, drivers ARE REQUIRED to stop here.

There's a lot of cyclists, peds (including kids), joggers, skateboarders, and other vulnerable road users (ie: wheelchair/powered chair users, etc...) at the transit center. If everybody used a car, there'd be no need for a transit center (eeewww, did that sound like everybody should use a car? Not my intention), but we all know, single occupant cars are not the answer to today's travel problems. The transit center is here because of the needs of the non-motorized user, that alone should make vulnerable road user's safety a priority issue.

Rubberside Down!
K'Tesh

wsbob
06-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Post the numbers to call in your comment: Beaverton's and Tri-Met's :).

K'Tesh: Done

wyeast
06-10-2008, 06:41 AM
A police sting
A camera installed to catch drivers

And/Or

A metered stop arm to prevent vehicles from blowing the stop, and those severe tire damage type shredding devices, to get those who fail to comply.
I think you'll have a tough time with some of the more severe measures - sadly I think that particular section of town probably doesn't have enough traffic flow to catch their attention. I mean it's not as lucrative as sticking a red light camera right in front of the Fred Meyers. ;)

However, I do agree that they could do with some additional signage and trimming the hedge back away from at least the first car length so that people not driving enormous gas-sucking SUV's (hey, at least give them credit for that!) have a chance to spot a cyclist or a jogger moving down the sidewalk. Speedbumps might help - then again the SUV's just laugh those off, y'know? As for the idiots who gun it and blow the stop sign, sadly they are going to be just as much of a menace anywhere in town.

In the meantime all I can say for the others is be mindful of the hazard until they get a chance to rectify it. A bike moves a lot faster than a pedestrian. I've nearly clipped a cyclist downtown because he was moving against traffic (on the sidewalk! *shakes fist*) and I couldn't see him around the corner of the building until he was right on top of me.

And hey, someone get an email contact for them. It might help to send them a photograph of a "car-eye view" of the hedges to show just how bad of a visual impairment it is.

djasonpenney
06-10-2008, 08:52 AM
And therein is the second argument for not going against traffic. Even if the right turning motorist looks right, they're going to be looking for a pedestrian nearby. You, on a bicycle, are totally outside of the threat zone and will be ignored.

There is a perfectly good bike lane on Lombard there, why not use it? Just signal your intentions when you move into the lane and then block traffic if necessary to make your left turn. Heck, we have the most polite motorists in the country when we cyclists need to use the lane to safely negotiate traffic!

P.S. -- Note that by riding on the left side of the street you still have the traffic conflict at that intersection; what is the benefit of riding the wrong way down the street? All you've done is exacerbate the existing conflict by violating the Principle of Least Astonishment.

<snip>
A bike moves a lot faster than a pedestrian. I've nearly clipped a cyclist downtown because he was moving against traffic (on the sidewalk! *shakes fist*) and I couldn't see him around the corner of the building until he was right on top of me.
<snip>

wyeast
06-10-2008, 09:42 AM
I think it's a fair point that the conditions at that driveway are still a hazard, even without bikes riding down the sidewalk. You could just as easily have a collision with a fast moving jogger, or a kid on a skateboard.

I'm gonna try to get out there today and take some photos... if I can find a camera... *rubs chin*

Psyfalcon
06-10-2008, 09:53 AM
I'll split my vote here ;)

That intersection is a hazard. It got really bad when construction basically shut down the street, they didn't have to worry about anyone hitting them. It might take a wreck or two before people realize car traffic is back.

One the other side of the street is a perfectly good bike lane and even a sidewalk with no crossing traffic at all (they still have the motel fenced off... I think).

wsbob
06-10-2008, 10:12 AM
The bikes on sidewalk issue frequently comes up. Biking on the sidewalk, though as K'tesh says, is legal in Beaverton, does not by doing so, change the sidewalk to a supplemental lane of the roadway. It's still a sidewalk. The only traffic a cyclist could be riding against would be other sidewalk traffic, not roadway traffic. Bikes on the sidewalk are absolutely not impairing travel of vehicles on the roadway.

As a cyclist, exercising your option to ride a bike on the sidewalk, you become obliged to observe the conditions of use associated with the sidewalk. For the most part, that means traveling like a person walking would, in terms of speed and waiting at intersections. For any cyclist doing this, there's absolutely no reason I can think of that a motorist on a cross street would reasonably fail to observe such a person approaching an intersection, if adequate sightlines have been provided for.

I may take a look at this location today. It sounds bad to me. With that hedge in the way, some 4' high person is probably going to get nailed by a motor vehicle one day by the sound of it.

wyeast
06-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Here's a couple pictures from today.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5380/img2177nu8.jpg
At a legal stop, the shrub pretty much obscures most of my view of the sidewalk. I can kinda see above the shrubs, but it's not great. What makes it worse is not just the height of the shrub, but the stop sign and the adjacent tree (as well as my a-pillar) are smack where I would want to see a person ideally just as they're walking up to the driveway.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7550/img2179vx4.jpg
Because there is no sidewalk along the asphalt coming out of the drop off area, the shrubs are pretty much right alongside the car. The only time you get a clear view at all is when you're already nose-into the sidewalk. (The stop line is about where that tree is, halfway through the front door)

Based on what I saw, I can't imagine not coming to a full stop moving along the sidewalk, whether you are pedestrian, or bike. There's just no good way for someone see you moving at any speed. By the time they see you, there's already 6' of car blocking your path, making a collision all-but unavoidable. Conversely, I can see some smaller cars being difficult to spot approaching the stop sign from the sidewalk. Smaller kids on bikes or skateboards may not really know that a car is even coming? (this view I didn't check, I'm only guessing by how high the shrubs are compared to the car)

Ideally, I'd like to see the shrub cut back 8' away from the sidewalk. Alternatively, leaving them where they are, lower the height so that they're about half as tall as they are now.

wsbob
06-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Nice work and good pics wyeast! I hope some officials get to see them.

I happened to get over there myself today with the bike to check the situation out. For the most part, your pictures corroborate what I saw and theorized (since I didn't have a car) about various cars sightlines down the sidewalk. I'd add that the white lines indicating the crosswalk are worn down to the point of being almost invisible. This and the barrier shrubs create a vague message to drivers about where they should be stopping to look for sidewalk users before entering the roadway. That seems like neglect to me.

The presence of the shrubs may be important to keep pedestrians from cutting diagonally across the road to the sidewalk on the other side as they make their way to the transit center. It seems though that the shrubs could be reduced in height, or a section of them removed and something lower put in their place. in order to restore the drivers sightlines.

K'Tesh
06-10-2008, 06:29 PM
WOW! My jaw dropped when I saw your pics Wyeast

I didn't realize that this is the view from a car... Whoa, no wonder people don't see me!

Thanks for the pics! I am going to go and take some from my perspective now...

Rubberside Down!
K'Tesh

wyeast
06-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Interestingly, it's a little deceptive. The shrubs are slightly lower back towards the lot - combined with the slight grade on Lombard, I could glance over and see the sidewalk fairly well about 25 yards north of the driveway when I was still in the lot. I didn't really realize how bad the view was by the stop line until I got back and looked at the photo. A cyclist is probably still visible over the bushes, but in a smaller bike and riding head-down probably just barely so - probably helmet and upper part of the back.

Granted, the car I was in is shorter than most you'll find out in SUV/minivan country. But it's probably no lower than any Accord or Camry you'll run across.

Another fast and (relatively?) cheap solution could be to mount a blind spot mirror at curbside - the sort of giant convex mirror you see on some corners in the West Hills. It'd give both sides a chance to spot each other, as well as be a visual reminder for drivers that there's a sidewalk right there.

K'Tesh
06-10-2008, 10:53 PM
There is a perfectly good bike lane on Lombard there, why not use it? Just signal your intentions when you move into the lane and then block traffic if necessary to make your left turn. Heck, we have the most polite motorists in the country when we cyclists need to use the lane to safely negotiate traffic!

P.S. -- Note that by riding on the left side of the street you still have the traffic conflict at that intersection; what is the benefit of riding the wrong way down the street? All you've done is exacerbate the existing conflict by violating the Principle of Least Astonishment.

Not having to cross the street three times is why I ride on that sidewalk, as it is, I have to only cross once.

Then there's that "perfectly good bike lane on Lombard" which cuts out just past the MAX tracks. This puts me into the lane where I'm forced to navigate with the buses and all SB traffic, and soon, we'll have TWO traffic lights (one by the Magnolia HiFi and the other by the Union 76 station).

Staying on the left allows me to either cut thru the transit center (which isn't recommended), or pull up to my buses (Route 76 or Route 78 ), or turn and ride thru the parking lot by Magnolia HiFi and the now defunct Chili's (which is what I did when we had a way to do so, prior to WES screwing up Lombard). After that, its crossing Canyon, and off to the freeway.

Hope this clears this up...

Rubberside Down!
K'Tesh

K'Tesh
06-11-2008, 10:43 PM
I was running late today so I didn't any pics of people blocking the intersection...

Please accept this photo instead.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3111/2571708865_21f6974272.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3111/2571708865_21f6974272_b.jpg)
Clint, his bike, my bike, and the hedge

Clint was a guy nice enough to help with this photo. He stands behind the hedge that is causing so much trouble at the Beaverton Transit Center.

My bike is in front of the hedge. As you can see, there's a big difference between the ground level on each side of the it. So, I as a cyclist can see clearly over the bushes. If motorists would only stop at the stop sign I'd be able to keep on my way legally, and no faster than an ordinary walk (btw... skateboarders have no such speed limit).

Rubberside Down!
K'Tesh

wsbob
06-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Yesterday when I went to check the situation out, I sat astride my bike on the sidewalk at the point on the sidewalk where the tree is visible in wyeast's second photo. I'll venture a guess that from the vantage point displayed in the picture, a 6' tall person like me, would have been visible from top of the handlebars up. Obviously, further down the sidewalk from the access road would make any person riding or walking progressively harder to see by a person driving a car at that point on the access road.

It's a problem that this limited visibility is possible only when the car's nose is in the crosswalk area.

Psyfalcon
06-12-2008, 12:31 AM
2 lights? I have not seen any more mention of additional lights except for at Lombard and Broadway. (Something must be placed for turns into the stores vs the train...) Lombard doesn't carry enough traffic to make me worry about riding in the lane. Its one place I've never had a close call (except for the *expletive* construction)

Why can't they connect Milikan to to Lombard while they're constructing everything? That would keep a lot of the east/west traffic off the sidewalks around Canyon.

K'Tesh
06-12-2008, 12:47 AM
2 lights? I have not seen any more mention of additional lights except for at Lombard and Broadway. (Something must be placed for turns into the stores vs the train...)

You're right the lights are for the stores vs the train (Cybercafe, Magnolia, etc...). The new lights are on SW Lombard, North of SW Canyon, South of the MAX Tracks... There's also going to be railroad crossing gates installed.

Why can't they connect Milikan to to Lombard while they're constructing everything? That would keep a lot of the east/west traffic off the sidewalks around Canyon.

In a word, money... Right of ways cost money, and they'd have to tear down buildings to do it... I know, I asked the same question at the BAC meeting.

Rubberside Down!
K'Tesh

lynnef
06-12-2008, 09:29 AM

There is a natural footpath just past the bridge behind the apartment complex. Quickest and easiest way to Bike Gallery from my house! Access has been chancy during construction, but it should clear up soon.

If you want to ride south from SW Center and miss all the transit center/WES excitement, I can recommend SW 117th (lots of shopping center traffic, but quite doable), and, EVEN QUIETER, SW 115th, then right on SW McBride/SW 114th (immediately past the MAX tracks). It looks like an alley, but intersects Canyon at the Freddie's light. You can go through Freddie's, OR turn left and then right to get onto 217, or turn right (getting immediately into the left turn lane) and then turning left on 117th again.

K'Tesh
06-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Got this in my inbox today...

Sent: Thu 6/12/08 2:23 PM

The shrubbery at the Lombard street dropoff driveway entry/exit has been prunned. Thank you for your concern, comments and continued business. Please feel free to contact us if you have any future concerns or questions.

I had already spotted the work, and had taken pictures of it... but they didn't turn out very good (who would think clear and sunny would be a bad thing?). Here's one kinda showing a before and after shot...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3020/2574225611_2591d0381b.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3020/2574225611_d7bf90b904_o.jpg)

Here's the email address for TriMet's customer service:

customerservice@trimet.org

I'm not sure how well the prunning will work, but I'll give it a chance. I still would like to see the crosswalk repainted, a speed bump and a convex mirror installed.

See Something? Do Something!!!
Rubberside Down!
K'TEsh

wyeast
06-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Dangit. Wasn't planning on taking the hotrod to work tomorrow, but I guess we need a followup report. :D

K'Tesh
06-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Dangit. Wasn't planning on taking the hotrod to work tomorrow, but I guess we need a followup report. :D

No, my bike's name is "Dammit Mk VII", not "Dangit"... ;)

But a followup report would be cool... Wanna meet me there at 7PM tommorrow and try a followup with both perspectives?

Rubberside Down!
K'Tesh

wyeast
06-13-2008, 05:42 AM
I think it'd be awesome to take a combined shot (view from car, bike on sidewalk). Unfortunately, by 7pm I'm already home thinking about putting the kids to bed. Sorry. :(

wyeast
06-13-2008, 12:09 PM
I am pleased to report that visibility is much better with the shrubs trimmed down. :D

Before

After
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/5571/p1010036iv6.jpg

Still doesn't address the yahoos who don't stop, but at least now you've got a fighting chance to be spotted. :)

Simple Nature
06-13-2008, 09:19 PM
I am pleased to report that visibility is much better with the shrubs trimmed down. :D

Before

After
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/5571/p1010036iv6.jpg

Still doesn't address the yahoos who don't stop, but at least now you've got a fighting chance to be spotted. :)

Great work, Guys!