PDA

View Full Version : Twice

Duncan
03-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Yesterday as I was driving (to the bike shop, so quit nagging), I had to swerve to avoid people riding the wrong way down a one way street (in the road)!

The first one was on lower Madison- Black clad mtn biker riding take-the-lane VC with a touch of F-You agreesive in the lane- I looked over and luckily there was no one in the right lane and I was able to slide over. But changing lanes that quickly towards (although not into) the bike lane, without signaling (no time) isnt my favorite action. Had someone been to the right I would have hit the brakes and hoped that we didnt meet....

I sort of get that one- a Darwin awaitig an award. The next one- with all the safety bells and whistles (including the blessed helmet) biking the wrong way on Belmont. I had been planning on taking 25th to madison to head up to stark, but seeing as there was some one going the wrong way on a one way street I decided to head up Belmont a few more blocks.

Helpful Tip- If all you see are headlights, your going the wrong way.

Donald
03-19-2008, 07:53 PM
I was driving downtown, just prior to the rally. (edit: It was Saturday, but I can't seem to edit the entry title)

Some yoink comes straight at me in the middle of the lane in one of those tight one-ways by the park blocks.

I couldn't help but notice his shoulder patch as he sqeezed past on his way to join his collegues sitting in the sidewalk chairs to our right: Portland Police Bureau