PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Ride......Sunday......April 6th

huss
03-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Ok, I know when.....10am @ Waterfront @ the fountain.

Where to?.....Destanation unknown..........any ideas? I have a few.

Would like to do atleast 25-30 miles.

I will be doing this ride the 1st Sunday of each month.

FIXEDGEAR worship...........Come ride and check out other riders!!

This is a un-organized ride.
If you wear a helmet fine, if you dont thats fine also.
Ride safe and have a good time.:cool:

fix-it
03-19-2008, 03:47 PM
hey, it's me, doug (doug&amy really). we were thinking it'd be fun to MAX-it out to hillsboro and do aride out there. there's nice views, lotsa diff terrain (losta flats and rolling short hills which i like) and the roads are maintained well (all that intel tax $$$ at work for Wa-county;) traffic is lil to nil on sundays.

i'd personally like to meet at the downtown stumptown thats right close to there( the fountain. that way folks can get caff'd and fill H2Obottles and use the "facilities" so to speak.

we work in the service industry so sunday morn is always tuff after the sat nite revelers (read: drunken 20 somethings) have destroyed my faith in humanity, a cup a joe and a nice ride do well to assuage our souls (yes folks, the waitstaff have feelings too...)

we are gonna gear up so we can keep pace. I'm going 52-18 and Amy's going to a 53-17 versus 46-18 and 47-17, I guess we just can't spin like the big kids :) that and a few less cigs after work :)

I look forwrd to seeing y'all again and to those wathcing from the fence your bums offa the couch and onto the saddle, pedal to the metal etc...

huss
03-19-2008, 05:33 PM
I was thinking of going up Williams to Jantzen Beach, Vancouver I-5 to 205, then along the Columbia Via the Marine Drive path. Did this once before, just not sure when the mandatory helmet law starts.(For the Couve...):confused: And now I know the route. :) Its a nice little ride, you get the river view and a nice little downhill coming back into Portland. There is alot of off-street riding(Paths):D

huss
03-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Ok I think Vancouver helmet law is in effect, I don't want a ticket, so any ideas? Along Marine drive out to Troutdale? The idea of going out on the Max is good, but takes up riding time and money. Still possible, where are you thinking? I like the idea of not being on a road. If anybody wants to do some hills we could ride up to Alpenrose, and check out the Velodrome? I've rode up there before. Well, still 2 weeks.

For anybody wondering, I started doing this because my schedule didnt fit with any other rides. Also I'm not a racer, I like to go fast, but I dont compete. Not much for big crowds(club rides) just want to ride....:rolleyes:

Hillsboro to Portland?

That could be sweet, all of us jam the Max full on Sunday morning?:D

Like takeing the Church bus.....to Fixedgear worship.:cool:

orlick
03-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Sounds fun, I'll be there...

fix-it
03-26-2008, 09:27 PM
i used to work in hillsboro and the morning c'mute is jammed with bikes, at least till beavertron.

i'd like to see alpenrose, never been there, though i'll stick with high sixties development if we do.

come on fokes spit out some idears!!!

huss
03-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Ok, I think I worked up a ok route.

Waterfront, up thru downtown to NW....Montgomery Park....Hwy 30..to the St. Johns bridge Willammette Blvd. to Portland Blvd, or any street heading east to 33rd......down to Marine Drive path......to the 205 Path up to the Gateway transit center. A big loop hitting SW, NW, North portland, NE and back to SE? :cool:

itsdirtybecauseirideit
03-31-2008, 11:46 AM
sounds like fun. i am not a big crown guy either but something about mashin it through town with a bunch of other fixed gear riders sounds fun to this old guy.

huss
04-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Rain or not I'll be there................:cool:

huss
04-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Just a update on the ride, there were five of us total. About 43-44 miles, after the transit center we kept on the 205 path,,,then 92nd down to the springwater, then downtown.

The rain held out till the very end, me and Alex got a little shower down by Oaks Park.

Till next month, ride safe. C'ya....:cool: