PDA

View Full Version : Fixed ride.......Sunday Feb 3rd 10:am

huss
01-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Same as the last ride 10am @ waterfront @ the fountain, leave by 10:15

I want to make this a monthly ride, first Sunday of every month. Take this one Sunday every month to meet other fixed-gear riders.

If you have any ideas on a route, post a reply on here. I'm flexible.
I just want to do at least 30+ miles.

Was thinking of heading out from waterfront, threw town up to marine drive to the 205 bridge over to Vancouver, across to the I-5 bridge, back to downtown.? I've never crossed the I-5 bridge on bike.

Me, I get most of my miles by riding to and from work. Just want to get out at least once a month for a good run. More if time permits, I have kids and I'm married...lol....So dont just sit and look at that sweet ride you have, get out and ride it.

Like I've said before, This is a un-organized ride.
If you where a helmet, fine if not, thats fine also.
Ride safe and have a good time.:)

talkingtotigers
01-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Are single speeds welcome to come? This sounds so fun.

huss
01-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Hey sorry, the posting for the other ride, I mentioned that single speeds are welcome, even a geared friend. Main thing is have a good time.:)

Yea, I know its Superbowl and all, but if you want to watch it, we will be done riding before the game starts.....So get out and ride.....Hope for no rain and low wind. Damm the ride home this morning (4am) it was blowing.:confused:

After the ride you may want to go fixed, just a warning.:D

talkingtotigers
01-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Awesome, I'll be there. Hopefully I'm not the only girl who wants to go? I'm riding with a flip flop right now, I'm sure after Sunday I'll have an even bigger push to switch over. Thanks for welcoming!

tacohut
01-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Awsome, count me in. The sauvie ride was fun so I am looking forword to this one as well.

huss
01-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Hey,

If you have any questions or your running late Sunday, give me a call.......Mike @ 503-381-9838

Just hope for a nice calm Sunday morning..........:D

mizake
01-31-2008, 09:04 AM
i'll be there.

toddistic
02-01-2008, 03:08 PM
man, my wife is outta town this weekend and i'm tempted to go...

Todd

huss
02-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Well Thanks for the few that showed. Hey Mike and Jenn, we found the bridge to Jantzen Beach....When we got to the EXPO we needed to go left. Well now we now how to connect....Pretty nice on the Vancouver side....Nice little downhill on the 205 goin into portland.

Total ride from waterfront about 35 miles.

I did 50, well 49.77 from my door that day.

Had a little ice shower, on the way home.....but pretty nice day to ride:D

Well next ride first Sunday in March.......Destanation unknown....:confused:

mizake
02-04-2008, 03:08 PM
i failed entirely to leave the house. next time.