PDA

View Full Version : Blinky ankle band?

webstrider
01-16-2008, 05:40 AM
Greeting, fellow cyclists!

I was riding along yesterday evening and saw something I think I must have--a blinky ankle band! It looked like a normal glow-type-thing but was a blinky. Does anybody know where these can be had? Pedigreen perhaps?

Thanks!
Jean M

Haven_kd7yct
01-16-2008, 06:51 AM
I saw something like that at REI...

mike_khad1
01-16-2008, 07:15 AM
REI sells a Catseye blinky that has an elastic cord. I wear it either on my left wrist or my left ankle. When visibility is poor, I wear it on my ankle figuring that the up-and-down motion will attract attention. Otherwise I wear it on my wrist figuring that it help when I signal turns (I'm a left arm signaller).

It cost $13 at REI and they come in Red or White models.

webstrider
01-16-2008, 09:22 AM
I was at the Clackamas TC REI a couple of weeks ago and didn't see anything like that--I went specifically for shiny ankle stuff, in fact. I guess I'll have to try a different one or the Web site.

I did find one on Pedigreen's Web site, so I may do that as well.

Thanks!
Jean

Let's Bike
01-16-2008, 10:48 AM
I use two Planet Bike BRT Strap Multi-Use LED Bicycle Safety Light (http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Bike-Multi-Use-Bicycle-Safety/dp/B000AO7JP0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1200511305&sr=8-1) as arm bands. They can certainly be used as ankle bands (or dog collars). I use them not only for biking, but also for walking at dusk. Once they were even used in a dance party. The only thing I don't like about the BRT is the fact that it uses a button battery instead of a rechargeable battery, but the battery is supposed to last 200 hours. I bought them at Amazon.com for $8.48 each. Bike Gallery carries this product, but the price is 50% more ($12.99).

mike_khad1
01-17-2008, 05:46 AM
Here's a link from REI's website.

http://www.rei.com/product/704589

Waterproof too - I'm not sure why the white version is 4 dollars more than the red one.

Tbird
01-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Clever Cycles. It glows a solid light or blinky. I actually put mine on my wrists(for turn signals) since my bike has a closed chain case, no need to strap my pants. I think there like $4-5 or so.