PDA

View Full Version : NW To Downtown Commute/Ride Help

Stiehen
04-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Hey all,

I've just discovered this forum and am glad I did! I've already come across a ton of infor that I can't wait to use. Keep up the good work guys! So, I just moved back to the PNW from San Francisco for a job relocation and am currently residing in the NW Hills (NW Miller Rd/Forest Heights) area. I'm looking to begin commuting to my SW 4th Ave/Harrison Ave work location and am curious if anyone can help me out with a couple safe/good ride directions. I can't imagine biking down either Burnside or Skyline with no bike lane and the hectic drivers on there. Some have said to use Cornell, some to use the fire roads in Forest Park (??), and some have said to go through Washington Park. Any helpful info would be greatly appreciatted! Thanks a lot guys.

nborders
05-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey all,

I've just discovered this forum and am glad I did! I've already come across a ton of infor that I can't wait to use. Keep up the good work guys! So, I just moved back to the PNW from San Francisco for a job relocation and am currently residing in the NW Hills (NW Miller Rd/Forest Heights) area. I'm looking to begin commuting to my SW 4th Ave/Harrison Ave work location and am curious if anyone can help me out with a couple safe/good ride directions. I can't imagine biking down either Burnside or Skyline with no bike lane and the hectic drivers on there. Some have said to use Cornell, some to use the fire roads in Forest Park (??), and some have said to go through Washington Park. Any helpful info would be greatly appreciatted! Thanks a lot guys.

Here is the route you are looking for. You'll just need to cut-over to Barnes then head up to that Neighborhood near the cemetary and over to the sunset bike trail.

It might be easier to find by riding down cornell and then over to the sunset bike trail (see link below) then head east. When you get to the cemetary bridge go through the cemetary. The road will eventually go to a neighborhood past a gate. Go through the gate and neighborhood, and this will take you to Barnes. I like this route because it is much much safer.

This thread might give you some help.

http://forums.bikeportland.org/viewtopic.php?t=58

~n