PDA

View Full Version : SW Jenkins at SW Ecole (Bvtn)

lynnef
12-17-2007, 05:25 PM
A repeat of last year's close call. Riding eastbound on Jenkins, moving over to the center lane to turn left onto Ecole.

Car turns right off Ecole onto Jenkins (westbound), traffic isn't moving quite as smoothly as they'd like, so they cut over into the center lane. Except at that point, it is a double yellow line, and they aren't supposed to be there, as it would interfere with the traffic turning left onto Ecole. I was the traffic turning left onto Ecole. Painfully bright headlight, plus flasher on helmet, plus reflective strips on the jacket.

I yelled. I smacked the car with my hand. I saw it slowly move forward and turn left into my place of employ. Maybe someone will come yell at me tomorrow for terrifying someone who was coming to pick them up from work. I don't care. They'll get it with both barrels.

If they'd smacked ME, they would still go home to a nice dinner, and with any luck, I'd be in the ICU.

K'Tesh
12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Oh, not good...

Makes you wonder what the DMV requires as a minimum standard of vision. Hopefully you don't have a threepeate...

Be Carefull out there
K'Tesh

zeldabee
12-28-2007, 11:37 AM
I live right across from Tektronix, so I go past that intersection by car or bike every day in between home and daycare. (Maybe you've seen me pulling my Burley?) I go out of my way to avoid turning left off Jenkins, I hate it. I go on back streets so I can turn right onto Jenkins to get home.

Glad you weren't hurt. And glad you terrified them. :)