PDA

View Full Version : ICE Today!! - Slow down!!

mike_khad1
12-13-2007, 06:05 AM
First wipe out in some years. 71st Ave turning left onto Davis. My wheels slide out from under me. I'm OK and the bike's OK but just a warning to slow down this morning.

joeb
12-13-2007, 12:17 PM
... at 58th and Davis. The hill on 58th between Davis and Everett was really icy and no warning. While I was getting myself back together 2 other people went down and I was able to warn 2 others. I hated to leave knowing that every other cyclist through there was going to crash. I don't know what can be done about that, except me and maybe everybody else who rode it will know where to be extra careful the next time it is 32 degrees and damp.

Thanks for the warning about 71st.

mike_khad1
12-14-2007, 09:26 AM
I don't think the post yesterday prevented any mishaps but I thought I'd give it a shot. After the fall on 71st. I slowed way down. There were several slick spots on my way to downtown. The one you mention on 58th was bad.

Maybe in 10 years, they can put a road condition warning sign on various bicycle boulevards similar to the ones on I5/I205 where they can warn about bicycle hazards in real time.