PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Close-Call (Hollywood)

wyeast
11-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Tonight eastbound on NE Tillamook approaching the stop sign on 42nd, I passed a cyclist to my right about half a block back. Stopping at the stop sign and signaling a right turn, I looked in the mirror and thought "Hrm... he doesn't seem to be slowing for the stop sign" Sure enough, I hesitated my turn and he blew right through - surely would've been right-hooked had I started the turn with him still behind me.

C'mon buddy, don't give us a bad name. You couldn't know why I had hesitated. Could've been a pedestrian or oncoming traffic turning left. You're just lucky you had someone who assumed you were going to blow the stop? :(

eagerdrone
11-10-2007, 07:14 AM
I always stop at the roundabout in Ladds on the commute home from work, often there is a string of cyclists commutting this same route. Because few other cyclists do stop (or even slow down) at the roundabout, I move as far to the right as is practicable when I slow and stop so that those who blow the sign don't run into my backside. I've learned that cyclists are the least predictable traffic on the road, but I still love em.