PDA

View Full Version : need square kitty litter buckets

bikewonder
10-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Howdy, I am looking for the square buckets to teach a class in bike bucket making on Nov. 1st. Anyone have any...they have to be square not rectangle with lids perferably. Cheers, Janis

K'Tesh
10-28-2007, 06:12 PM
I have a couple for just that reason... I'll let you convert them... but I want 'em back. I might be able to get a couple of rectangular ones soon too.

bikewonder
10-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks but I need ones that I can have people take home with them. Have you ever used the rectangular ones? I always heard that they don't work.

K'Tesh
10-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks but I need ones that I can have people take home with them.

Oh, sorry... I want to take mine home w/me too. (looking to make at least 3...
One for food, one for clothes/misc gear, last for things that I don't want to ever come in contact with food ie paints/chemicals)

Have you ever used the rectangular ones? I always heard that they don't work.

Haven't had the opportunity to make any yet... but I don't see why they wouldn't work...

Now, I've been hunting my neighborhood for more buckets (monday is recycling night, and a cat lady lives nearby). I'll keep you posted if I score any tomorrow night.

Rubber Side down
K'Tesh

bikieboy
10-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Janis, you should be offering a finder's fee - one genuine bike map bandana, and two "thanx for cycling" flurescent green legbands, for every 3 useable buckets* turned in.

OK, i just offered it for her. But you can count on Janis, she's good for it.

*must be square, 4 gallon, not hideously filthy.

K'Tesh
10-29-2007, 08:40 PM
I could go for that! (maybe only one bandana and one thanx for cycling legband)

Scored two buckets from cat lady's place... however, one is lacking it's lid, and I had to sacrifice one of my round buckets (with lid) for it.

Contact me for bucket p/u location

Rubberside Down
K'Tesh

bikewonder
10-30-2007, 07:09 AM
Great idea my friend...So K'Tesh email me and let me know where to make the pick up/drop off. Thanks for the sacrifice of the buckets. Cheers, Janis

Carlsson
10-30-2007, 04:00 PM
I'd love to see some instructions posted online for this!

bikewonder
11-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Instructions will be up soon. Probalby next week. I will post a link here once it is done. Cheers. Janis

K'Tesh
10-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Not exactly step by step instructions, but I have a photoset on flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ufobike/sets/72157607666797352) that shows them being built...

vincentpaul
10-03-2008, 09:08 AM
I published some pictures and brief instructions in a thread over in the Tips and Advice forum a few weeks back. I highly recommend that you look into the Perko fender clips as the mounting equipment. They are the perfect size and shape to fit on standard aluminum racks, made of maritime-duty stainless steel, inexpensive, and readily available. http://bikeportland.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2395