PDA

View Full Version : why didn't he call back?

Petlemiewly
10-23-2007, 02:49 PM
This is kind of a long story and i really don't want to read too much into it but i think i have a right to be very confused!
roughly a week ago i met this guy and we had a cool conversation and i was pleasantly surprised when he really wanted to give me his number and ask if i'd call him. i decided to call him two days later and left a message on his voicemail. the next day he called back and we planned to get coffee two days later, when he was supposed to get off work early.
cut to a few hours before we're supposed to meet, when i get a voicemail on my cell after coming out of class saying he couldnt get off work early, that hopefully we can reschedule for later that week and he would call me later. i also missed a few things he said because of background noise but i assume it wasn't anything that important. maybe i should've waited for him to call me but i figured i'd do the polite thing and call to verify i got the change of plans. of course, i got his voicemail again so i just said it was cool and he can call me to reschedule later.
that was five days ago and i'm quite confused because isn't it a bit rude for him not to call back especially after changing the plans? or is this whole thing behind us and he might just call back whenever he feels like it? or should i risk seeming desperate and text him and ask what's up? i really wanted to hang out as friends because we had a lot in common..
any advice is appreciated, thanks!

nishiki
10-23-2007, 04:51 PM
This is kind of a long story and i really don't want to read too much into it but i think i have a right to be very confused!
roughly a week ago i met this guy and we had a cool conversation and i was pleasantly surprised when he really wanted to give me his number and ask if i'd call him. i decided to call him two days later and left a message on his voicemail. the next day he called back and we planned to get coffee two days later, when he was supposed to get off work early.
cut to a few hours before we're supposed to meet, when i get a voicemail on my cell after coming out of class saying he couldnt get off work early, that hopefully we can reschedule for later that week and he would call me later. i also missed a few things he said because of background noise but i assume it wasn't anything that important. maybe i should've waited for him to call me but i figured i'd do the polite thing and call to verify i got the change of plans. of course, i got his voicemail again so i just said it was cool and he can call me to reschedule later.
that was five days ago and i'm quite confused because isn't it a bit rude for him not to call back especially after changing the plans? or is this whole thing behind us and he might just call back whenever he feels like it? or should i risk seeming desperate and text him and ask what's up? i really wanted to hang out as friends because we had a lot in common..
any advice is appreciated, thanks!

WTF? z

fawkinghell
10-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Chicken Burrito. There, I said it.

Attornatus_Oregonensis
10-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Chicken Burrito. There, I said it.

Man, I ate a chicken burrito from Laughing Planet on Woodstock the other night and it gave me the runs. WTF?!

Tbird
10-25-2007, 09:24 AM
One time at band camp, I .....

Jim E. Hat
10-25-2007, 09:29 AM
he's looking to cheat on someone, either a live-in girlfriend or wife. he wants to meet for coffee when he gets off early, meaning he wants to get home at a normal time so nothing seems fishy.

he may have chickened out at the last minute, then got scared at the second phone call, and given up his folly.

Haven_kd7yct
10-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Um.... he's just not that into you?

:) Hope you find some resolution anyway!

Happy biking!

donnambr
10-25-2007, 11:35 PM
I've got chocolate. Anyone want some?

vseven
10-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Nothing like a new bike to take your mind off a boy !

and A.O. ...TMI, yuck.

donnambr
10-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Boys are gross. :p ;)

toddistic
10-26-2007, 11:35 PM
what the hell?

donnambr
10-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Todd, you need to eat more chocolate. :D

Shaggy2Dope
10-28-2007, 03:16 PM
if i was to meet a cute biker chick i would most defiantly call her back! the guy must be scared or something. or it could be the girl on the side thing.

mike_khad1
10-30-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm surprised this thread grew legs.

donnambr
10-30-2007, 07:09 PM
All I want is chocolate.

wsbob
10-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Chocolate hey? Well yeah. Sounds like a sensible remedy to me. Nothing like it to put things into proper perspective.

fawkinghell
10-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Chocolate chicken burrito. You heard it here first.

vseven
11-01-2007, 06:55 PM
:rolleyes: #1 good bike
#1a. bikey stuff :)

#2 coffee

#3 rent

#4 beer

#5 guy that delivers beer ( and is kind and respectful.)

GAS SUCKS RIDE A BIKE

tvhwy
11-01-2007, 07:40 PM
I can deliver all 5a of those things, I return calls when I say I will, and I'm single!

vseven
11-02-2007, 04:03 PM
You are the best.
To the original poster, there are still good ones out there and you deserve better !

beelnite
11-02-2007, 04:08 PM
The earlier post nailed it. He's playing.

Should we vote?

wrinkles
11-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Okay, so I logged on, had to dig up my password and everything, just because I have to ask: Why in the world are people responding to the original old, dumb, sucker post?

wsbob
11-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Wrinkles, I think it could be a case of myspace complex. Seriously though, maybe people need something a little lighter from time to time.

tvhwy
11-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Why are you responding to the responses?

Why am I responding to the responses to the responses?

fawkinghell
11-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Careful, or you'll create a wormhole. Then no more chicken burritos.

beelnite
11-07-2007, 04:00 PM
We've already beaten the other topics to death...

Except making drafting/tailgating a more acceptable practice.

wsbob
11-07-2007, 08:47 PM
As long as there's chocolate, life will go on.

true
11-08-2007, 12:34 PM
I saw this on General Hospital. He was murdered by the mafia after bungling a kidney transplant/drug smuggling operation. There is going to be a sad funeral that lasts three episodes. But don't despair, it turns out it was his twin brother who got whacked, he's been in hiding, and in about seven months he comes riding through the cherry blossoms on a white pony.

Girls have cooties and chocolate can't fix that.

rainperimeter
11-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Chocolate chicken burrito. You heard it here first.

dude, you mean molé. it's a mexican sauce that is chocolatey and spicy. a combination i like usually. i tried this when i worked in a restaurant in austin 10 years ago. it was an enchillada. chicken.

my girlfriend thinks molé is great. she'll eat chicken though (molé is always on chicken it seems).

tvhwy
11-08-2007, 04:17 PM
What does this have to do with why he didn't call back? PLEASE, stay on topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mizake
11-08-2007, 04:32 PM
We've already beaten the other topics to death...

Except making drafting/tailgating a more acceptable practice.

drafting is cool.

donnambr
11-08-2007, 09:45 PM
As long as there's chocolate, life will go on.
Now that's true wisdom. :D