PDA

View Full Version : Bike Ticket and Car insurance

bean
10-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I looked through the forum and could not find any info on this. Does getting a moving violation on a bicycle (going through a stop sign) end up on your auto driving record and does it affect your insurance?

It seems crazy that it would, but if the cop takes your driver's license and gives you a ticket, it seems like it might happen.

Is there a way to just have and ID and not a license, so that this does not happen?

btw, the cop was as N Flint and NE Broadway this morning...

nishiki
10-19-2007, 03:11 PM
I looked through the forum and could not find any info on this. Does getting a moving violation on a bicycle (going through a stop sign) end up on your auto driving record and does it affect your insurance?

It seems crazy that it would, but if the cop takes your driver's license and gives you a ticket, it seems like it might happen.

Is there a way to just have and ID and not a license, so that this does not happen?

btw, the cop was as N Flint and NE Broadway this morning...

Bean,

A moving violation on a bicycle WILL NOT affect your auto driving record nor your car insurance.

I got my $242 a few month ago, pleaded NO CONTEST (same as guilty) and the ticket IS NOT ON MY DRIVING RECORD.