PDA

View Full Version : Help for a visitor

voidoid21
09-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Hello Portlanders,

I'm visiting from Minneapolis for a couple of days in order research the innovative bicycle treatments and facilities implemented by the City of Portland. I'm looking to take photographs, video and to enjoy the experience of bicycling in Portland in order to gain information to improve cycling conditions in the Twin Cities of Minnesota and beyond.

My partner and I will be flying out Saturday afternoon so we don't have much time. If any Forum members can help point us to the locations of some of your favorite facilities we would be grateful.

Thank you!

Schrauf
09-13-2007, 10:58 AM
http://www.portlandonline.com/transportation/index.cfm?c=34809&a=70221

The city has a great summary of bike maps, parking facilities, etc. on their website.

Also visit bikeportland.org homepage - many prior posts regarding various bike improvements including new parking on Belmont, bike lanes, etc.

Tbird
09-14-2007, 03:39 PM
The Bike Corrals on N Mississippi, and SE Belmont/34th.

Check out the Bike Oasis on Hawthorne/36th & 38th.

The bike racks at various business (Lucky Lab, OHSU tram, Bagdad Theater etc..are very well done)

Also, I think the separated bike lane/ Street car platform on the So. waterfront just past the Tram station is pretty cool although it hasn't really made into the PDX psyche yet, it's the wave of things to come...check bikeportland's archives

Hawthorne bridge on a Monday or Friday morning.

City Bikes, Clever Cycles, Recyclery...

Clown House if it's still intact,

Clinton/26th & 21st on Friday evening

I know there's more.....anyone else?