PDA

View Full Version : Seeking information on a possible stolen GTO back in 2006

mi7d1
09-12-2007, 09:28 AM
I've just purchase a Greenspeed GTO at a garage sale, very inexpensive. I don't know trikes and only knew that it was a quality trike. Since then I've received information that a van at a motel with a GTO in it was stolen back around 5-28-06 during the OHPV Human Power Challenge. There appears to be no serial number on the trike, not a good sign. I've contact the Portland Police and was transfered to a detective who is out of the office for the rest of the week. I left a rather lengthly and descriptive message. I have also posted online seeking information and help. I'm asking here for any information or help regarding stolen Greenspeed GTO's

Thank you,
Bill Bates

mi7d1
09-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Just a quick update. With the help of Ian Sims of Greenspeed, we were able to verify that the GTO was the one stolen back in 2003. I have contacted the cousin, who is now in Germany, of the owner. Both of these two men were at the Human Power Challenge at PIR in 2003 when their van along with the Greenspeed GTO from a motel in the area. I'm in the process of contacting the original owner to see where we go from here.

Bill