PDA

View Full Version : Need a chopper bike

sharonj
09-04-2007, 09:53 PM
I need a chopper bicycle that is much like the motorcycles in the movie Easy Rider for this weekend and next weekend. Will pay to rent or buy at a reasonable price.

Your bike can become a star on an internet video!

If you have such a bike email me at: sharonj@thebicyclist.tv

wsbob
09-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Sharon, if you haven't already, check out "bikes" on Craigslist. Every week, there's usually a number of them, ranging from production Schwinn's to larger, more adult-sized chopper style bicycles, $100-$300.

I've never ridden one, but they don't seem too conducive to practical riding. Maybe that's why people seem to be trying to get rid of them.

Simple Nature
09-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Go check out Fred Meyer stores. They are like $149- and on sale sometimes for $99-. Maybe Target as well. WalMart? You get my drift.

sharonj
09-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks for your suggestion.

We already went down that route. We purchased a bike from GI Jo's and tried to customize it to our needs and gave up. The problem was that it is a child's bike and the frame was too small. I am assuming we would run into the same problem with the other box stores. We also don't have a lot of money or time to do a lot of customizing.

If you know that they have an adult size frame, an extended fork and a large banana seat let me know.

Mofopotomus
09-05-2007, 11:00 AM
I would recommend you post on the Zoobomb forum. A lot of those dudes are also into tallbikes and choppers. It might be a bit more Max Max then you were thinking but I bet if you asked really nice and bought them some beers one of the guys over there would let you use their chopper...although they might need to be there to make sure their precious isn't abused. ;)