PDA

View Full Version : Are you old enough?

redrocket
09-02-2007, 05:52 AM
No offense intended. I'm a newbie here and this is my first post.

I'm looking for someone old enough to possibly have information that will help me place a value on my 1976 Mark DiNucci, Columbus Tube, Super Record and Record Road Bike.

I felt that there was no better location to ask than Portland where Mark built frames for both Strawberry and Merz. I'll be 70 shortly, have a lingering back injury and am no longer able to ride.

Any information you may be able to provide, or if you can refer me to someone who would be able to help, I would greatly appreciate it. TIA

PDXGS
09-02-2007, 07:52 AM
Yeah, I'm old enough to have sold your bike as new!
I met someone riding a similar vintage bike yesterday near St Paul. Super Record and Nuovo Record with a Merz Campy triple modification and a Huret DuoPar rear deraileur...truly the best of the time.

I'm not certain what your DiNucci would fetch but there are a few people in this area, Seattle and the SF Bay Area who are into vintage iron.

I'd start by posting a picture and an "Interested parties only" add on the bulletin board at River City Cycles. Talk to the staff and get their input on value. Another area to watch would be Ebay to see what similar bikes are going for there. You can still find Raleigh Professionals, Colnagos and similar going for at least $600. There's a Raleigh Pro on there right now for $640. Far less than their value unfortunately.
Hope this helps and good luck!
Cheers,
Jorge

redrocket
09-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the information, Jorge! I went to Rivercity Bicycles but haven't been able to locate a bulletin board area where I can post a photo. Could you please advise me as to how to access it?

This bike has an interesting history as it was Built By Mark DiNucci, to the "Strawberry" frame style, while he was working for Merz. (That took a lot of doing!) It has his logo and the Merz logo decals on the bike.