PDA

View Full Version : bike dance troupes: whatever.

maxadders
08-31-2007, 11:07 AM
What do a bunch of adults in neon leotards flailing about on a tennis court have to do with riding bikes? I mean, apart from tossing kiddie bmx bikes around.

Why haul 'em around if you're not going to use 'em? At least learn some tricks. Bunny hops. Wheelies. Bar spins. What I don't want to see is dancers walking bikes in a circle or leaning on them or expecting me to cheer when you lift that 16" Barbie "Let's Go Shopping" model over your head-- that's boring!

You might as well replace the bikes with tennis rackets. Or hockey sticks. Or hunting rifles. BINGO! A new ironic sport is born.

wsbob
09-01-2007, 12:31 AM
O-o-oh, you guys must really hate somebody! I guess I missed something. Thought you were whining about the B:C:Clettes, but didn't read about anything they did having to do with tennis courts. My monitor is funky right now, but couldn't see any cellulite on those cuties. Anyway, are you sure that cycling eliminates cellulite? I don't think it does. Just kind of shrinks and smooths it out.

huss
09-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Did you see them practicing or somthing? I saw them at Tour de fat, not all had cellulite:) Well some did but hey they like bikes so thats cool right? :confused:

maxadders
09-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Sprockettes, BC Clettes...doesn't matter.

They're dancing and they're holding bikes. Did I miss the point? Wait, was there a point to begin with?

"bike culture" definitely needs more self-congratulation.

minky
09-05-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Sprockettes (and others like them) are the lamest thing ever.

toddistic
09-08-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Sprockettes (and others like them) are the lamest thing ever.

i agree, something about '20 something women' dancing around like children makes me want to ride that much faster past the clown house on last thursdays.