PDA

View Full Version : Biking in Seattle

mthand
08-23-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm going to Seattle in a few days. I'll be taking the train up and bringing my bike. I'm looking for tips on getting around the downtown and close in northern part of the city (up to around Greenlake). I'm looking for lodging that welcomes bikes and is relatively close to the train station, or else is close to the Greenlake area. Wherever I stay, I will be getting back to in in the late evening, near 11 p.m., because I'm going to a Mariner's game.

By the way, I stayed at the Green Tortoise hostel a few years back and never got to sleep because of the blaring music of an all-ages club directly across the street. It this place is still there, I'm not going back.

Otherwise, any suggestions you may have would be very much appreciated.

donnambr
08-24-2007, 04:25 PM
How are you getting your bike on the train? Amtrak pulled all the trains with the bike cars from the Cascases route due to some kind of repair issue, and they say it will be months before they're back in service. Meantime, they're not making any accomodation for bicycles.

mthand
08-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I just found that out today. It sucks. Guess I go to plan B, whatever the hell that is.