PDA

View Full Version : Get a real bike he said... Get bent I thought.

mi7d1
08-14-2007, 06:23 AM
but he didn't have a word to say the fourth time I passed him doing 27mph+ OK so it was a slight down hill grade. Perhaps he didn't like being passed by a recumbent trike or maybe he had no idea what a velomobile is capable of. Four times he ran traffic lights and stop signs... four times I reeled him back in before we parted ways.

Thanks for the enjoyment my friend. Keep the round side down.:)

BillD
08-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Four times he ran traffic lights and stop signs... four times I reeled him back in before we parted ways.

Thanks for the enjoyment my friend. Keep the round side down.:)

It's always fun when someone with a size 12EE mouth comes out to play... even better when they keep coming back for more.

Reminds me of those old movies.

"Don't let your mouth overload your hardware, cowboy."
--Frank Culpepper

Thorlak
08-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Tell me about your vintage Motobecane. I have an 82 Grand Touring all original,
nice paint. Then last week I had a head-on on Spring-Water doing about 18mph.
I weep everytime I look at it on the stand....Taps playing in the background.
.....whimper......

mi7d1
08-14-2007, 10:34 PM
This will sound strange but I don't know much about the Motobecane. Both it and the Schwinn were given to me by a co-worker. The bikes are in rough condition from poor storage. I love old lugged frames and have dreams of restoring the Motobecane one day. I use to have a custom built Puch but that's another story. I think the Schwinn is shot and will probably be cut up and parts used to make another bike.

Tell me what happened to your Motobecane? Can it be saved? or are you looking to unload it? Mine is short a few parts, like the rear break caliper. Nothing that can't be found fairly easily. I've just been playing with the recumbents lately.

If you want to take this off list then click on my user name and send me a PM

Tell me about your vintage Motobecane. I have an 82 Grand Touring all original,
nice paint. Then last week I had a head-on on Spring-Water doing about 18mph.
I weep everytime I look at it on the stand....Taps playing in the background.
.....whimper......