PDA

View Full Version : 37th & SE Market to Vancouver (and back)?

gavigan
07-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions about how to get to Vancouver from the Richmond/Sunnyside area. I'd love to take Williams up, and Vancouver back, but I don't know enough to know how to get to those streets, or where to go after...I don't know the route back, either. If you have ideas about where to go, whichever streets you take, I'd be grateful. I don't mind urban traffic, although I'm not a huge fan of the big gravel trucks I've seen up north, near the bridge. Any help would be appreciated tremendously. Thank you!

Greg Raisman
07-27-2007, 03:25 PM
We're neighbors. I've ridden to Vancouver a couple of different ways. I definitely like the I-205 bridge better. It's loud, but straight and the connections to and from it are much easier. Also, it just feels less confined than the I-5 crossing.

You can get there really easily from your house by taking the Lincoln/Harrison Boulevard over the very south portion of Tabor to get to the I-205 bike path which then puts you right onto the bridge.

Here's a really nice map for when you get to Vancouver. http://www.clark.wa.gov/public-works/bikepath/Bike2007.pdf

I really like the French Road ride to head westbound from I-205.

Enjoy your ride.
Greg

gavigan
07-28-2007, 09:18 AM
I hadn't thought of that (I'm new to the area) - how long does it take you? I have to cycle to an office near Esther Short. Thanks!

baselbanks
08-11-2007, 09:43 PM
is your best bet to cross the i-84 and lloyd district, etc. then you can take tillamook to williams, if you like, or head north