PDA

View Full Version : I-205 detour route safety warning

Jonathan Maus
07-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Got the following from a reader...just passing it along...

The multiuse path along I-205 was mostly closed north of Crystal Springs up to this week but is probably completely closed this week. North bound from Sunnyside, the alternative is SE Schumacher which turns into SE 92nd.

For 2 or 3 blocks just north of Johnson Creek, the bike lane on the east side of SE 92nd disappears for 2 or 3 blocks. There's construction going on to fix that which is still going on, and for another block or so past that there's still no stripe on the street.

I just rode it last night and, while there was a sign or 2 warning of "construction" ahead, there was no sign specifically about the bike lane ending. Riding northbound there you're coming down a steep hill from Otty and traffic can be pretty heavy at a point where you can be suddenly forced into it unaware. TriMet's Community Affairs person for this project told me last week that the construction will be going on into mid Aug.

Matt P.
08-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Note to riders - they've finished striping 92nd, and the entire alternate path is now in use. 90% of the I-205 path south of Division and north of Sunnyside is CLOSED, and will be for the next 12-18 months.