PDA

View Full Version : I love this

Klixi
07-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Hope this is being posted to the right forum. Anyway, I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Lucas Brunelle? If not, watch the video below. It's completely hypnotic (and makes me wish Portland had more traffic!) :P

(warning: pro-helmet enthusiasts will have a seizure watching this!)

Alleycat race through Midtown Manhattan during rush hour --- INSANE & surreal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR2ygFn-yR8)

toddistic
07-18-2007, 07:47 PM
more videos of him doing fun things on bikes can be found here: http://www.digave.com/

Jakelin
07-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Ya, download the video from Toddistic's link. It is the original with the original music. The youtube one is a version where someone jacked the video and put their own music to it. The original one is better imho. He has some other cool videos there too.

toddistic
07-19-2007, 09:34 AM
i love the london one - hammerfall's playing in the background which ironically is how i found out about hammerfall and it makes great biking music.

Klixi
07-19-2007, 10:41 AM
i love the london one - hammerfall's playing in the background which ironically is how i found out about hammerfall and it makes great biking music.

Did you see the one where the car clips him and a car chase ensues? I've been in a slightly similar situtaion and know the way ones heart races when being chased by a car is very tense, adrenaline goes full throttle. Good times. I wish Lucas would come film a little in PDX, but this town is so tame compared to where he shoots.

Mofopotomus
07-19-2007, 06:49 PM
I've seen the youtube one quite a bunch and I love it. You say the music is better in the original? Well I'm downloading it now so we'll just see about that.

Klixi
07-20-2007, 04:19 AM
The video quality is definitely better in the original. YouTube pixelates things quite a bit in order to allow a filesize suitable for streaming. As for the music, the original has "Welcome to the Jungle" mixed in with some actual audio from the race (cars honking, people yelling, etc).

dawndol
07-20-2007, 12:50 PM
What I wanna know is where's the Bacon?

Quiksilver... you know... okay, I'm old.

Dude - when are they gonna make a cool new bike movie? They just kicked butt with parkour in District B-13...

toddistic
07-20-2007, 01:29 PM
the san fransico one is awesome!

phiguy
07-23-2007, 05:21 PM
They are all awesome!

Attornatus_Oregonensis
07-23-2007, 05:34 PM
It brings up an interesting (to me) question: How easy and expensive is it to get a camera to mount on your bike? I've often wanted to have one mounted pointed backwards and one mounted pointed forward so I could have video evidence of the crazy stuff I see and experience on my bike. If you ride on the streets of PDX much, I'm sure you know some of the things I'm talking about. Anyone have any ideas? For example, do you need a special, shock-resistant camera?

haggis
07-23-2007, 05:42 PM
How to make your own Bike Video (http://www.digave.com/videos/how.htm). Doesn't really say how much it all costs, though.

Jakelin
07-23-2007, 08:50 PM
My wife and I were leaving a movie at the Bridgeport Plaza in Tualatin and one of the shops we passed by had a bike helmet mounted cam in the front window display. I didn't pay attention to the name of the shop but told my wife "Hey, that must be how they are getting those alleycat race videos!"

I think a helmet mount would give you more versatility than a bike mount since you can look at whatever you want to film rather than point your bike on it. Perhaps you could rig a front and back helmet dual camera system? :)

Regardless...if people know of more good videos, please post up links here.

xtown
07-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Here is an excellent short documentary about a NYC bike messenger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj1-218EnvY

I think it's interesting that someone describes him as "the king of New York bike messengers," yet he rides a 10 speed with STI shifters, not a fixie, as I would expect.

Jakelin
07-25-2007, 10:37 PM
If I'm not mistaken, that clip of Yak is from the movie "Red Light Go" which is a documentary on alleycat races in NY. You can rent it on Netflix. It was okay, but not as good as I had hoped. The footage on the link from this thread was better than what was in the movie.