PDA

View Full Version : Are you in SE? Help a fellow cyclist and get a beer!

Audioel
07-13-2007, 08:00 PM
I ran over a stick on my bike, and it got caught in my wheel and broke off the valve of my front wheel. Instant flat!

I'm far away from home, and the bike shops are a) far away, and b) closed.

Anyone near SE Hawthorne & SE 39th have a spare 700c x 25-28mm LONG STEM PRESTA tube (for deep-profile aero rims)? Any chance you might have a floor pump you could bring also? It should only take me a couple minutes to change the tube.

I'll be happy to not only purchase the tube from you, but I will also buy you your choice of beverage at Bagdad or a cafe.

I'd be happy to just give you some cash as well, if you don't feel like having a drink. Say $20 total, including the rental of your pump and the tube.

I'll be online, and checking my mail. This is not a scam or a joke!

Thanks,

gustavo

Audioel
07-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Got a tube, got home ok. Lesson learned - carry a spare tube!

jami
07-13-2007, 11:42 PM
shucks. i'm right in that neighborhood and have about eight 27x1 1/4" (don't know in metric, too lazy to convert) prestas. i'd have gladly brought one. easy to say now, two hours too late. glad you made it home.

SpeedRacer
07-14-2007, 12:02 AM
shucks. i'm right in that neighborhood and have about eight 27x1 1/4" (don't know in metric, too lazy to convert) prestas. i'd have gladly brought one. easy to say now, two hours too late. glad you made it home.

Everyone has dozens of everything I suspect, until of course I post a wanted ad on craigslist or whatnot. And to think about what goes unused or to waste in landfills!