PDA

View Full Version : nice guy on TV Hwy today!

toddistic
07-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Its always nice when drivers give extra room or a slow pass. Today I was biking from Hillsboro to Forest Grove and there was a utility vehicle parked in the bike lane between Cornelius and Forest Grove.

As I approached it, I started checking behind me to make sure it was safe to move into the lane of traffic. Coming up behind me was a huge water truck (the kind they use for road construction). He slowed down and gave me the lane so I could merge safely into the lane to pass the vehicle obstructing the bike lane. I gave him a wave as I merged and a second wave as he passed me once I had merged back into the bike lane. If he had a "How's my driving?" sticker I'd be calling him in!

It totally made my day!

vseven
07-09-2007, 03:11 PM
I share your feelings, when that happens to me, if I know I can speak and be heard by the courteous driver....I say "thanks, you must be a biker too " usually it brings a wide grin to his/her face.

And yes, I appreciate there are just simply kind and courteous folks still left in the world, bikers or not..... I only wish there were LOTS more of them.