PDA

View Full Version : Bike shop for women?

29"er
06-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Anyone got a favorite LBS that would help my wife get a well-fit bike?

tjf9
06-30-2007, 09:51 PM
I've had great experiences at Bike Gallery. I mostly have shopped downtown, but I hear all of their locations are very good. Very friendly, knowledgeable salespeople. Great service department. As a woman who knows very little about bikes, they have been very informative without talking down to me. I appreciate that.

Starkmojo
07-01-2007, 09:10 AM
One thing I like about River City Bikes is that it seem that there are all types of folks there shopping, both genders and all levels of interest, from the casual to the hardcore, and though I can only speak for myself (the service has been excellent for me but I am a guy) I think that they take women riders/clientel seriously.

ephany
07-02-2007, 08:53 AM
I love what the Bike Gallery does for the bike community, but I haven't actually had great shopping experiences there. River City has been much better, and Corey at 7 Corners on 21st & Powell is one of the sweetest, most knowledgeable guys ever and will tell you everything you want to know. Cascade Cycling on Vancouver and Killingsworth sold my friend a really sweet Fuji at a great price and she couldn't be happier.

Hope those help.

Jeff Wills
07-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Anyone got a favorite LBS that would help my wife get a well-fit bike?

I can't help directly- but then I'm a guy (OK- overgrown adolescent) and I've been in and around the bike business for 25 years so I can't comment on bike shop experiences 'cause I usually know more than the sales staff... such is life.

Anyway- have you thought of asking the folks at Team Estrogen (http://www.teamestrogen.com/)? They're local (one of my friends works there) and they definitely cater to a female clientele. There's also a discussion forum on their website.

Jeff