PDA

View Full Version : Bike Metal

mizake
06-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Anyway, we needed a new thread for this (i think). I'm all for going to see a show later in the month of July, but I think that raising an ale horn to the metal gods in a loud, Portland, metal-friendly watering hole may need to take place sooner (like this weekend).

The choice that comes to mind is the Yamhill, but other suggestions are welcome. I'm not too aware of any other tolerant bars.

\m/

toddistic
06-27-2007, 07:55 PM
yes!

On my mp3 player recently

hammerfall, nile, amon amarth during the commutes

mizake
06-27-2007, 11:14 PM
for me: belphegor, acid bath, bloodbath, enslaved, skyforger, old wainds and behemoth.

rainperimeter
06-28-2007, 12:45 AM
old wainds. i just read an interview with them that was ridiculous(ly funny).

i'm going to the SUNNO))) show. i can't make it to the show mentioned in the other thread, the one at the tube. i'll likely be going to see nile as well. i'd be into meeting up sometime (though i'm a teetotaler and don't drink)

i don't listen to anything while i ride but last week for my birthday i got the new pig destroyer and aldebaran albums. both are really really good.

John Henry
06-28-2007, 05:07 AM
i dont listen to music when im riding but i do blast some metal before i leave the house, a little carcass, arch enemy, death, iced earth, pagan's mind or stratovarius usually gets me pumped up to ride,

fuck posers and keep on crushing!

toddistic
06-28-2007, 07:10 AM
for some reason hammerfall really does it for me when riding.

mizake
06-29-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm in need of beer after 3:30 today after I get off work. Who's in? (you can have a soda if beer isn't your thing - I promise I won't make fun ;) )

mizake
06-29-2007, 03:27 PM
I saw Nile when they came through last time. Awesome.

Enslaved is coming in November. I am VERY excited about that show.

rainperimeter
06-30-2007, 01:56 AM
i work 5pm to late monday through friday.

nile is bad ass. i saw them when i was living in minneapolis a few years back. nile and napalm death. good show.

enslaved: never listened to them...

medpass
06-30-2007, 05:17 PM
+1 for Bloodbath!!

Been rocking Ribspreader, Frightmare, Carbomb...

sort of bummed I missed the summer slaughter show ... anybody hit that?

baravettski
06-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Slayer. Fucking hell Slayer is great. Lamb of God, that new Trivium album is good if not a little Kill 'Em All-ish, but hey, Kill 'Em All is good. Some Pantera and Sepultura for the good 'ol days...Napalm Death was a good call, Deicide too...sick to see there's a good bunch of us on here.

rainperimeter
06-30-2007, 08:59 PM
+1 for Bloodbath!!

Been rocking Ribspreader, Frightmare, Carbomb...

sort of bummed I missed the summer slaughter show ... anybody hit that?

goregon massacre? is that what you're talking about? i rode down but if you had a bag you couldn't go in (and if you biked you've got your bag right?).

norse rider
06-30-2007, 10:03 PM
It would appear we have ourselves quite the collection of metal heads here at ye'ol Bike Forums...good thing to as the ride in to Hillsboro today was made all the more sweeter by the new Dark Tranquility playing ever so sweetly in my ears. I should say however that we should probably keep the language a little more "G" rated as we do not want to raise the ire of our moderator. I say then strap on the leather arm bands, turn up Reign in Blood, and bike until you puke. (yea, I miss cross season. who stole my IPA anyway?)

toddistic
07-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Nile - Roseland Theater - July 15th 12am

sweet im so going to that!

medpass
07-03-2007, 03:38 AM
goregon massacre? is that what you're talking about? i rode down but if you had a bag you couldn't go in (and if you biked you've got your bag right?).

Naw man, i was referring to a few weeks ago Hawthorne Theater, NECROPHAGIST
DECAPITATED
CEPHALIC CARNAGE
CATTLE DECAPITATION
THE FACELESS
AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK
ION DISSONANCE
ARSIS
BENEATH THE MASSACRE
--
and I totally got there late and only saw Necrophagist. hmph:mad:

mizake
07-03-2007, 06:50 AM
I would've liked to have seen Necrophagist, Cattle Decapitation and Cephalic Carnage.

I caught Krisiun when they played at the Roseland a while back. When they opened for Celtic Frost. Then 1349 sometime after that.

rainperimeter
07-03-2007, 12:41 PM
necrophagist sometimes, for me, get so overly technical they forget that they're supposed to be blowing our brains out of our ears with sick death metal riffage.

i saw cephalic carnage years ago at satyricon during one of Relapse's Contamination Tours that they used to do. really good show. Exhumed, Cephalic Carnage, Origin and a few others i'm forgetting.

Arsis is who i'd really like to see. when their first record came out on willowtip a few years back, at the shop i worked at we listened to that daily for quite a while.

medpass, did you have your bag with you when you went to that show?

is anyone in here on oink or last.fm or anything else?

mizake
07-03-2007, 12:47 PM
I agree with you about Necrophagist, but they (or he) still hold(s) a special place in my heart.

I'm going to have to check out Arsis - I've never heard the name...

Also, I'm on last.fm as "mizake".

rainperimeter
07-30-2007, 10:15 PM
anybody check out ludicra? i saw them last night at ground kontrol. Aldebaran opened and destroyed.

mizake
07-31-2007, 04:06 AM
i figured i had missed them on the 26th, and then they played at ground kontrol? /cry
Does this mean you're a Hammers of Misfortune fan, RP?

nofrills
07-31-2007, 10:49 AM
I found a beat down Reign of Blood tour shirt at Clinton park right before the big thunder storm. If it belongs to anybody here, let me know so I can laugh at you and exclaim "Finders keepers!". Word

rainperimeter
07-31-2007, 02:10 PM
i've never listened to hammers of misfortune. i like their name a lot though.

nofrills: that's a pretty rad find. i have what is arguably one of the most ridiculous slayer shirts ever made. a housemate gave it to me a few years ago... it has a flaming, winged demon crucified, in front of a pentagram, slayer written above it. the kicker is that it's on a grey and white tyedyed shirt. wtf?