PDA

View Full Version : Road to Seaside?

drosen
06-25-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm looking for a route to Seaside from the Jewell area. I can get there via hwy 30 to Mist, then to Jewell. However, is there a way to Seaside without getting onto 26 or going almost the entire way to Astoria? Thanks

lynnef
06-25-2007, 01:40 PM
If I were you, I'd follow the Hood/Portland to Coast route through the Coast Range. Or the Cycle Oregon Boardman to Astoria route, but turn south somewhere around Ft Clatsop. You want to head for Young's River/Young's Bay. The route out of Seaside is Wahanna Rd, and then some other, but I forget. It is really pretty. Wahanna is a climb, though.

bikieboy
06-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Drosen, I haven't been this way along the Tucker Cutoff, but have it from a reliable source that it works quite nicely. The road from Jewell & around Young's Bay is beautiful & low traffic. Some climbing required.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Jewell-to-Seaside-the-back-way

drosen
06-26-2007, 09:39 PM
thank you very much. I don't know why I didn't think of the Hood-Coast route. It'll be a century from where we'll be starting, so that's good.

lynnef
06-27-2007, 09:22 AM
thank you very much. I don't know why I didn't think of the Hood-Coast route. It'll be a century from where we'll be starting, so that's good.

You may want to check parts of the HTC route on the website. I think parts are gravel roads... But I know there is a paved way all the way out; we did it on CO2005