PDA

View Full Version : Beaver-tron route question?

bikieboy
06-21-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm trying to do a route map for someone who needs to go to Beaverton, & rather than do the due diligence & actually bike out there to see for myself I though I'd ask you knowledgeable BikePortland devotees:

does the little short stub of a path/sidewalk connecter between the east end of 5th St. and the west end of Cypress actualy exist? Can't see any evidence of it on airphotos, but the new Metro bike map shows it.

To help you triangulate: this is east of Beaverton proper, just south of the
B-H Hwy. and east of 103rd, a bit west of Scholls Ferry Rd.

thanks,

the armchair cyclist

kg/f
06-22-2007, 12:06 PM
yes...it is a superb stub.

Simple Nature
06-22-2007, 10:15 PM
It is a little bit of a nature path. You go into the apartment parking lot; stay right and you go through due east. Once you come out you get a bit disoriented though but you will eventually find hwy 10 (Beaverton Hillsdale?). Never found scholls ferry except when it meets up with 10.

bikieboy
06-24-2007, 11:34 AM
kg/f & S/N - thanx for the verification! i'll search it out in person one of these days when I'm feeling Beavertronish.

lynnef
06-24-2007, 04:13 PM
there is another stub, off the east end of Allen, that drops you onto the Fanno Creek Trail, which ends around the Garden Home Rec Center.

norse rider
06-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I take this way to work four days a week. The path is short and can be very slick, watch for this when we have not had rain for a week or so. The path will lead you through the burbs to Jameson Rd. which will take you to Scholls Ferry. This is a nice way of avoiding BHH. The path connects on the other end to 5th st which will take you under 217 to downtown Beaverton. Watch the rail tracks on 5th! This route is usually mellow and during the winter my favorite way of getting through the whole Beaverton/217 mess.

lynnef
06-24-2007, 10:29 PM
especially watch the tracks on 5th! There are 3 sets of them, and from west to east, get progressively parallel to the roadway. Nasty if it is wet.