Bike to Blazers 2011
Bike to Blazers is back!
Join us for Bike to Blazers on Sunday April 3rd, 2011!
This year’s event is located at the South Commons at the Rose Quarter and features a variety of pre-game activities from 4pm-6pm. Ride on down with the family whether you are attending the game or not. You can join BikePortland for a bike parade to the game starting from Salmon Street Fountain. We will depart at 4pm and join in the fun at the Rose Quarter.
The Bike To Blazers team invites you to lead a group ride from your neighborhood. We want every fan to arrive by bike. Help demonstrate to the world who is the greenest team in the NBA. If you need help finding the best route, check out Metro’s Bike There Map. Need a bike for the evening? Contact Pedal Bike Tours.
Neighborhood meeting points for Bike to Blazers (drop us a note if you want to lead a ride. We’ll publish locations here.)
- – Salmon Street Fountain: Departs 4:00pm
Some highlights of the event this year:
- Blazers Dancers
- 95.5 Live Broadcast
- Microbrew Tasting
- Take your photo with Gary the Oak from Friends of Trees
- Learn about Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative and the bottle bill
- Meet Trusty the Dog from Energy Trust
- Get your helmet to fit properly courtesy of Providence Health
- Tons of bike parking available. Bring a lock and some lights.
- Tip-off is 6pm vs. Dallas Mavericks
Blazers contact is Lisa Swan (503) 963-3966 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchase Game Tickets Here! Pass code: BikeBlazers
Check here for the history of Bike to Blazers.