Author profile: Cathy Hastie (Lifestyle Columnist)
Catherine Hastie is BikePortland's lifestyle columnist. A lifelong low-car Portlander, mom, wife, writer and working professional, she also writes on her own blog, Portlandcentric.
Here are the other 7 articles by Cathy Hastie (Lifestyle Columnist):
- Lifestyle column: How I went over to the dark side (March 6, 2014)
The question: would I give up a major component of my lifestyle in order to advance my career? My employer was asking me to take a long-term assignment 13 miles away, in Vancouver, Wash.
- Lifestyle column: After commuting changed my life, life changed my commute (February 4, 2014)
I was dedicated to my lifestyle and proud of it. Maybe a little conceited. Then, in 2010, I suddenly and painfully fell ill.
- From mortality to mortification, 25 years of bruises on PDX streets (January 17, 2014)
With 42,000 miles on Portland’s city streets, you’d think I would have been injured by now. But I remain unscathed. Well, almost.
- Lifestyle column: 'Those arrogant bikers,' and why I'm one too (December 4, 2013)
Portland has its coffee snobs and its beer snobs, and me - I'm a transportation snob.
- Lifestyle column: A biker's ode to the butt (November 4, 2013)
What is perfectly aligned in my sights as the crowd of bikers swarms ahead of me, heading west up the Hawthorne bridge? I’ll give you a hint – it ain’t the sunrise.
- Crunching the numbers on Portland bike fashion (October 2, 2013)
One crisp, sunny September afternoon, I left work early and biked to the east side of the Hawthorne Bridge to conduct a fashion study of Portland cycling.
- Portland’s $134 million monument to me (August 28, 2013)
Join us in welcoming lifestyle columnist Cathy Hastie to BikePortland. Cathy is a former contributor to Portland Afoot and we're excited to bring her perspective to our pages. Her first article is about a certain local civic engineering project that still needs a name. And it turns out, Cathy has an idea...
Lifestyle columnist Cathy Hastie.