BikePortland.org is an independent, daily news source that covers all aspects of bicycling with a strong focus on the Portland scene. The site was founded in July 2005 by Jonathan Maus.
With well over 10,000 Front Page stories and nearly 300,000 reader comments (so far!), BikePortland is one of the most prolific and comprehensive bike news blogs on the web. With coverage that ranges from racing to national transportation politics, the site has a diverse audience and is visited daily by thousands of loyal readers.
In addition to breaking and daily news features on the Front Page, BikePortland is also known for its photo archive, Job Listings, Stolen Bike Listings, reader forums, and regular columns like the Ride Along, People on Bikes, Ask BikePortland, and more. Publisher and Editor Jonathan Maus is also a regular guest on news shows and is frequently called on by the media to explain everything from naked bike riding to intricacies of major policy issues.
Here are some recent media appearances:
- BikePortland.org is go-to site for bicycling news — Portland Business Journal, May 10th, 2013
- Talk Box: Bike Tourism in Oregon — Jonathan was featured in a live panel discussion that aired on KGW-TV (NBC) on May 9th, 2013
- Jonathan Maus: Bike Advocacy, Journalism, and the Struggle for Balance — Interview on The Bicycle Story, April 2013
- New York After Hurricane Sandy Through the Lens of a Portland Bike Journalist — Portland Bureau of Emergency Management, November 2012 (Video)
- Bike blogger's route takes a write turn — Portland Tribune, August 2012
- Bike Portland’s Jonathan Maus keeps the gears turning on the city’s two-wheeled vision — Street Roots, July 2010
- Rise of the Blogs — Portland Mercury, January 2010 (BikePortland was the #1 ranked Portland news blog based on coverage of city issues)
- Ranked the #1 bike blog in the world — London Cyclist, February 2009
- Blogger rallies the biking faithful, and City Hall blinks — The Oregonian, May 2007 (linked to archived page)
Beyond the Front Page, BikePortland also maintains a strong presence on Twitter where at last count we shared updates with over 13,000 followers.
Despite its .org domain, BikePortland is not a non-profit. It's a private corporation registered in the state of Oregon and owned by Publisher/Editor Jonathan Maus. The site is supported by a mix of advertising revenue, photography sales, and tips from generous readers. We are very grateful for all the support we have gotten over the years!
If you have any questions, or if you would like to talk about an ad campaign, please contact us. Thanks for reading!