Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on August 6th, 2014 at 5:31 pm
Sorry, this job has been filled. Browse more great jobs here.
Pacific Patrol Services Inc.
Part Time Bike Mechanic, minimum eight hours a week.
We’re looking for an experienced mechanic to round out our team. Certification is preferred, but not required. Applicants should have shop experience and be comfortable in evaluation, maintaining and repairing all bike components. Position is a year round part time job.
• Two years minimum experience in professional bicycle repair.
• Ability to Adjust and repair all components of bikes,
o Wheels, Hubs,
o Sprockets and Gear Stacks
o Transmissions, Derailleurs,
o Cranks, Headsets,
o Levers and Cables,
• Possess and maintains knowledge expertise; keeping current with new product lines that will enhance the care, maintenance and operations of company bikes
• Proven technical and mechanical aptitude and innovation.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, relating to the evaluation of bike components, determining if adjustment, repair or replacement is required.
• Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment.
• Passion for bikes, efficiency and sustainability.
• Interpersonal skills – maintain confidentiality; remain open to others’ ideas; demonstrate patience and willingness to try new things.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Possess proficient computer skills.
Formal training and Certifications will be given preference.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure operation of bikes by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
• Locate source of problem(s) by inspecting and examining bikes routinely.
• Complete repairs in a professional, timely and safe manner.
• Good time management skills with a sense of urgency and ability to hustle.
• Ability to be autonomous, prioritize workday, multitask and be detail-oriented
• Reliably report for work as assigned.
• Dependability – Follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Has a positive, can-do attitude and willingness to work non-traditional hours
• Work under the guidance of the Operations Manager, responding to their requests.
• Advise Operations Manager of equipment and parts needed for purchase.
• Responsible for properly taking in all service work scheduling an appropriate amount of repairs and completing those repairs in a timely manner.
• Document all work performed.
• Ensure that all necessary reporting is accurate, complete and timely, including correctly filling out service work orders.
• Acceptable appearance and demeanor.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with our shop’s procedures and rules;
• Work closely with staff to understand issues and develop solutions
• Other duties as assigned
Note: The above description reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Beginning Wage, $12.50 hr. Once hired, with demonstrated superior professional skills and abilities in bike maintenance can make up to $15.00 hr.
Part time only with a minimum of 8 hours per week. Scheduling is flexible, with considerations for other employment.
How to Apply
Please send full contact information,
Resume, including job history, to firstname.lastname@example.org