Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on January 21st, 2014 at 8:22 am
Sorry. This job has been filled. See more jobs here.
Are you interested in becoming a part of the fast growing, rapidly changing industry of electric bicycles? We are looking for someone with both bicycle and electronic technician experience to assemble and repair e-bikes for an e-bike specialty store. The ideal candidate will be excited about building a service department, making operational improvements, and providing suggestions and implementing programs that create a terrific customer experience.
• Assemble e-bikes and perform adjustments. Supervise assembly performed by other team members. Perform inspections. Set and meet schedules for new bike assembly.
• Diagnose both mechanical and electrical problems. Evaluate battery conditions. (Proper diagnosis equipment will be provided)
• Provide estimates to customers as needed. Where work requires diagnosis, contact customer with final estimate.
• Set and meet schedules for new bike assembly.
• Documenting service tags through the computer.
• Provide recommendations and feedback regarding product quality, new product, customer needs and market trends.
• Deliver e-bikes to customers and provide them with an overview of controls and features.
• Answering phones and helping sales staff when necessary.
• Ability to work on a flexible schedule of 15-20+ hours per week.
• Optional additional hours in a sales function.
• 1+ years of professional bicycle mechanic experience. Certified bicycle technician a plus.
• Electrical technician experience preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiasm for learning rapid technical change and innovation.
• A strong desire to deliver a fantastic customer experience.
• Valid drivers license with good driving record.
Location: Southeast Portland, OR
How to Apply
Email your resume, cover letter, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.