Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on September 25th, 2013 at 9:11 am
[Note from the publisher: We have some great sources in Washington County that frequently send us interesting bits of information. Most of the tips don't end up developing into Front Page stories, but I figured they deserved to be shared somewhere. So I'm going to start putting them here under the "WashCo Watch" banner and see how it goes. — Jonathan]
There are some potentially very useful vacancies opening up and county staff will be recruiting for them soon. Below are a summary of them from page 15 of the County Board of Commissioners agenda for October 1st (download PDF here).
- Northwest Area Commission on Transportation (NW ACT) – 2 term expirations
- Planning Commission – 3 vacancies (2 terms expiring 01/31/14; 1 current vacancy)
- Public Safety Coordinating Council – 2 vacancies (2 terms expiring 01/01/14)
- Rural Roads Operations and Maintenance Advisory Committee (RROMAC) – 5 vacancies (5 terms expiring 12/01/13)
- Urban Road Maintenance District Advisory Committee (URMAC) – 4 vacancies (3 terms expiring 12/31/13; 1 current vacancy)
See pg. 19-20 for the full descriptions.
Getting people on these is key to a more walkable/bikable Washington County. The Public Safety thing is a bit out there, but might help preventing cops from letting drivers off easy when they kill and injure people due to “sun glare”, etc. All the other committees have a major impact on policy or funding of transportation projects.Email This Post