Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on August 30th, 2012 at 1:27 pm
This morning I heard from a few people curious to know more info on a collision that happened last night at SE Hawthorne and Grand.
Here are the details, as provided by the PPB:
Email This Post
08/29/12 @ 9:25 p.m.
SE Hawthorne Blvd & Grand Ave
Driver: Alexis R. Hay, 20 (female)
1990 Geo Storm 2dr, red
Cited for Failure to Obey a Traffic Control Device & Driving Uninsured
Cyclist: Kelly Hansen, 26 (female)
Black road bike
Vehicle NB on Grand in right lane, 30 mph, ran through light that changed from yellow to red. Cyclist EB on Hawthorne with green light, riding in bike lane with headlight, hit drivers side of car. Cyclist transported to hospital with injury to right arm. Vehicle towed, bicycle taken to cyclists house by police and left with roommate.
Possibly related posts
- 93-year old woman killed while walking across SE 39th near Powell - UPDATED
- Reckless drunk driver caught, jailed near North Plains
- Citation for 'Careless Driving to a Vulnerable Road User' given in July collision
- Collision on Marine Drive results in citations - UPDATED
- Bike/truck crash at SE Stark and Grand [UPDATED]