Friday Photos: Cherry blossoms on the Waterfront

Posted by on April 8th, 2011 at 10:22 am

This woman decided to take a closer look at the rows of blooming cherry trees in Waterfront Park.
- See more images below-

The blooming of cherry blossoms in Waterfront Park is a much-anticipated annual Portland tradition. I spent some time down there yesterday taking in the scene and chatting with friends old and new. See more of my images below…

This is Joel Dippold and his daughter Min Min. They came down just to see the blossoms.
In such beautiful surroundings, it’s easy to pull over and enjoy a chat. In this photo, our friend Russ and Laura extol the virtues of their Bromptons.
This is the Schwartz family. They asked if I’d snap some photos of them and I happily obliged.
Ho-hum, just another day biking in Portland.
Couldn’t resist a self-portrait of my new Breezer.
This is Dave Feuchts who runs the excellent Portlandize blog. Nice to finally meet you in person Dave!

Hope you enjoyed these photos. You can view them in our gallery or via Flickr if that’s more your style. And, if you haven’t already, make sure to roll down to the Waterfront and enjoy the blossoms while you can.

Comments
  • craig April 8, 2011 at 10:54 am

Cherry blossoms and winter clothing.

• Curt April 8, 2011 at 11:10 am

Thanks for the photos!

• michael bogoger April 8, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I bet you love that Breezer. I have a mt. bike design that I’ve ridden for 17 years (can it really be that old??!) both on the trail and as a commuter. It’s a dream bike.

• kerry April 8, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Of course I nearly ran over somemone walking backwards with her tripod this morning, but hey! Who can blame her? ;)

• kerry April 8, 2011 at 12:56 pm

p.s. Dave I see you nearly every morning. May I say “kudos” for your natty bike attire?

• Joe April 8, 2011 at 1:53 pm

NIIIIIIIIIIIICE day.. enjoy it :)

• A.K. April 8, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Great day for checking out the sakura trees. I made a special trip over there after a ride last weekend to check them out… I love to see so many people enjoying them!

• borgbike April 8, 2011 at 2:21 pm

About time!

• scotty April 8, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Some nice spring pictures. Just a comment from a professional horticulturalist; locking bicycles to trees, especially this time of year, can break through the cambium (bark) and damage the tree for the rest of its lifespan….we love our trees, think before you impact them. Peace, enjoy the weekend

• Edie Spencer April 8, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Hey! It was as if the whole city got the same great idea at the same time! It was a brilliant afternoon!