Weekend Open Thread: Share your bike fun

Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on April 16th, 2010 at 11:50 am

What have you got planned for the weekend?
(Photo © J. Maus)

It's been a long time since I put up a weekend open thread -- and I miss reading about all your weekend bike adventures.

Planning to take in some of the fun at Filmed by Bike? Got a big loop planned with friends? Or perhaps a jaunt to the Farmer's Market? Are you racing? Heading out for some mountain biking?

The weather looks fine and there's lot's to do (check out Weekend Event Guide), so get out there and don't forget to drop a comment below to spread the fun around a bit.

Have a great weekend!

Possibly related posts

Comments
  • gabriel amadeus April 16, 2010 at 11:59 am

I've got a jam-packed excellent adventure weekend planned: Filmed By Bike, Boating, Mushroom hunting, & Mountain Biking! Sleeping-in has been canceled.

• dan April 16, 2010 at 2:58 pm

driving 1 hour to go mountain biking. really wish i could ride to the singletrack instead.

• timtim April 16, 2010 at 4:19 pm

I will be ripping it up at the Oregon bike polo championships! anyone who wants to join is more than welcome. we will be at Rose city park @ 62nd and Tillamook Saturday and Sunday for all those who want to come and see the fun.

• Jim Lee April 16, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Let's see y'all at bike polo in Rose City Park.

It's where I played football in grade school!

• Hack April 16, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Mountain biking of course

• Hack April 16, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Mountain biking of course

• Nicholas April 16, 2010 at 7:16 pm

De Ronde!

Probably some mountain biking and polo championships on Sunday.

• dsaxena April 16, 2010 at 8:18 pm

doing a 50-60 miler as training for the Reach the Beach century!

• Cecil April 16, 2010 at 8:48 pm

Taking my first test ride after breaking my leg (stress fracture) running a month ago - hoping I can fit the brace inside my bike shoe . . .

• Dabby April 17, 2010 at 12:20 am

Riding and digging in my yard Saturday.
    Check out the progress
    :://bowelsofjohn.blogspot.com
    Mountain Biking Sandy Ridge Sunday Morning.
    Polo the rest of the day of course....

• Dabby April 17, 2010 at 12:22 am

Click on my name to check the progress, it seems the link crapped out...

• patrickz April 17, 2010 at 7:34 am

Dabby,
    congratulations! That looks just wonderful. And I bet it FEELS even better; you've worked hard for your fun.

• k-dub April 17, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Biking to the Portland Timbers opening match, where EVERY game is "bike to Timbers night."

• Amy April 17, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I rode out to Sauvie today, and saw a biker down on Highway 30 just east of the Sauvie Island Bridge. There were approximately 6 vehicles stopped to offer aid, so I didn't stop, but am wondering if anyone has heard about this accident & has a report on the cyclist. He was sitting up & conscious, but looked very bloody when I rode by. This was at approximately 10:55 am this morning (4/17/10).

• Hack April 17, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Dabby, that pump track is sick

• MPL April 18, 2010 at 9:44 am

Ronde 2010 yesterday was a blast, and that rain shower on the last 2 miles was a reward from the heavens,today will just take a leisurely buzz around town on a nice warm sunny day!!!!!!!!

• Grand Master April 18, 2010 at 10:11 am

Bike Temple is hosting a work party today, Sun. from 2-6. check the blog for more info (click on my name) We will be setting up shop in Pasture's basement temporarily, while we look for a cool accessible church basement to offer OUR type of "religion."
    No doubt there will be an abundance of hard cider, gluten free beer (mmm, yummy) and assorted nuts and sesame snax.

• Donna April 18, 2010 at 4:41 pm

April's bike move was fabulous. The only down side to the whole day is that she's not our housemate anymore. :(

• Steven Vance April 18, 2010 at 10:43 pm

My weekend started early. I took a vacation to Portland from Wednesday to Saturday.

• Nick April 19, 2010 at 10:14 am

I went on a last min bike ride with a good friend and we ended up 23 miles away from home haha. It was a great ride.