Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on February 26th, 2010 at 11:05 am
The Daily Astorian reports today that a Portland man is being accused of attempted murder for intentionally driving his truck into a man who was riding his bicycle on Highway 101 just south of Seaside back in November.
Here's more from The Daily Astorian:
Stephan Joseph Fox, 23, was arraigned Thursday in Clatsop County Circuit Court on charges of attempted murder, first-degree assault and felony hit and run in connection with the incident, which severely injured Seaside chiropractor Seth A. Goldstein.
Bail in the case has been set for $250,000. Goldstein, 48 survived the collision but will need physical therapy for the rest of his life. The paper says Goldstein frequently commuted by bike from his office in Seaside and he was riding his bike "well off the roadway" when he was struck.
Full story at DailyAstorian.com.
Email This Post Possibly related posts
- Collision on Hwy 101 north of Gold Beach leads to serious injuries - UPDATED
- Collision on Hwy 101 south of Cannon Beach results in critical injury - UPDATED
- Women remain hospitalized following Highway 101 collision
- Man struck while bicycling on Highway 101 south of Bandon
- Mini-van driver gets traffic citation in recent Hwy 101 collision