Weekend Open Thread

Posted by Elly Blue (Columnist) on July 31st, 2009 at 1:24 pm

Summer-heat wave biking attire-1
Enjoy your weekend!

What are you doing to make the most of what now seem like refreshingly low temps this weekend?

There are too many bike-related events going on this weekend to summarize succinctly -- check out our Weekend Events Roundup for an enticing selection.

Whatever you do, let us know how things go in the thread below.

Possibly related posts

Comments
  • K'Tesh July 31, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Volunteering on Saturday to help mark the course for the Hottest Day of the Year Ride (on Sunday)... (I want the cool T-Shirt).

Riding on Sunday's Bike Beaverton ride. (I want the FREE Icecream) ;)

• patrickz July 31, 2009 at 4:10 pm

Tomorrow, it's Blue Lake (and a cooling dip) Sunday, I might ride to Beaverton for that icecream. (Unless it's Central Oregon or Washington, I like to start from my front door)

• Jonathon July 31, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Asses on saddles: To boldly go where CopenhagenCycleChic and a host of creepy imitators have gone before!

• ggw July 31, 2009 at 5:18 pm

Also volunteering Sat for Hottest Day course marking...bike movies Sat night and the Hottest Day ride Sunday.

• K'Tesh August 3, 2009 at 9:24 am

Upload my images from the Hottest Day of The Year Ride...

and the Bike Beaverton Ride...

Had to borrow a camera from someone for the Beaverton ride (My batteries died), and regrettably, not all of the pictures I took apparently "took". Didn't get all of my camera's images off yet, so we'll see what it has left to upload tonight.

• Craig August 3, 2009 at 3:48 pm

In the 5:00am darkeness (wearing clear safety shop glasses) of Sunday morning, met three buddies and rode from Lloyd Center (with our lights on of course), across the Broadway Bridge, up Lovejoy, then south on NW 23rd and up Vista Avenue to reach Council Crest before sunrise. So nice, I think this will become my regular morning workout. No cars on the streets, cool morning air, a stout but gracious hillclimb--1000 feet, but with plenty of level rest intervals for those who want them, and WAY safer in terms of safe shoulders and speeding morotists than Cornell or (God forbid) Burnside. And the view was damn fine. Followed immediately by another climb, this time up to Washinton Park, the zoo, and arboretum. Short and sweet, it's not De Ronde van Oeste Portlandia, but it'll do in a pinch!