Momentum's new safety vid: “Let's Get Visible”

Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on November 18th, 2008 at 10:27 am

Momentum publisher/editor Amy Walker as
Olivia Newton-John in "Let's Get Visible".
- Watch video below -

The folks at Vancouver, BC-based Momentum Magazine have combined their passion for safe biking with their fun and fashionable style to create a new PSA for their local Bike to Work Week.

The result is "Let's Get Visible", a bike safety video that spoofs the legendary Olivia Newton-John song from 1981.

Story continues below

Playing Newton-John in the 4-and-a-half minute video is Momentum publisher Amy Walker.

Depending on your taste, this is either the greatest bike safety video ever made, or something you'll have trouble sitting through.

I think it's brilliant. Watch it below and let us know what you think.

Possibly related posts

Comments
  • Kronda November 18, 2008 at 10:44 am

Depending on your taste, this is either the greatest bike safety video ever made, or something you’ll have trouble sitting through.

Yes. Cute though.

• Malex November 18, 2008 at 11:01 am

In an unfortunate statement about the genre, being the "Best Bike Safety Video Ever" doesn't make it good enough for me to sit through all of it. This is a challenge! Who can do better?

• el timito November 18, 2008 at 11:35 am

The b:c:clettes gave themselves their best competition with the sexy helmet vid:

• Val November 18, 2008 at 11:35 am

Yowser! When have we ever seen fashion this reflective? Love the armwarmers, the shorts, the stickers, and, of course, the message! Brightness is the new hotness - bike ninjas need not apply.l

• matt picio November 18, 2008 at 11:39 am

This is brilliant! Campy as all get-out, but fantastic. I have to say that the appreciation level has something to do with A: being an Olivia Newton-John fan, B: being an 80s music nut, and C: being familiar with the original video. I fall into all those categories, so I guess I can't help but like this video.

Kudos to Momentum and the BCClettes!

• Kt November 18, 2008 at 12:07 pm

Are those shorts reflective????

Man.

Cheesy video, tough to sit through... but hopefully effective.

• Coyote November 18, 2008 at 12:59 pm

I made it through 1:34, at which point I had to think, "If have to wear all that to be safe, then bicycling must be really dangerous."

Then I turned it off, I'm too negative.

• Val November 18, 2008 at 1:34 pm

Coyote: That's funny; my thought was "Wow, safe clothes that look cool, too!" Most reflective garments just don't do anything for me, so it's nice to see more choices. Where can we find those stickers?

• Paul Tay November 18, 2008 at 1:56 pm

If anyone can pay for product placements, I'll do more shorts.

• Elly Blue November 18, 2008 at 2:01 pm

Val, I don't know about the specific stickers in the video, but if you come to BikeCraft IV on the 10th, you can pick up all the Fun Reflectors that you can fit on your helmet, bike, water bottle, etc.

• RyNO Dan November 18, 2008 at 5:08 pm

Hi Amy !!!

• hw November 18, 2008 at 5:39 pm

dear god that was painful. loved the arm warmers though...

• Donna November 18, 2008 at 6:27 pm

After I was finished cringing, it seemed kind of cute. I do think anyone who is issued a citation for no lights should be forced to watch this and sing along.

• Amy Walker November 18, 2008 at 9:21 pm

Hi Dan!

• PJ November 19, 2008 at 7:04 am

I think I have those shorts.

• Sue November 19, 2008 at 9:31 pm

Considering I never thought that Olivia Newton-John could sing..it's um... I agree with Donna..lol

• [...] ___________________ Film gefunden im Monumentum-Magazin [...]