Weekend open thread: Share your bike fun

Posted by on September 26th, 2008 at 4:43 pm

Kidical Mass!-32.jpg
Get out and ride!

Well, since my event calendar is broken (thanks to my recent software upgrade), I haven’t really been keeping track of what’s going on this weekend.

I’m going camping with my girls Sunday and Monday (been planning it all summer but haven’t been able to do it until now), so, barring any breaking news, I’ll see you back here on Tuesday.

Enjoy your weekend and don’t forget to share your adventures in the comments below.

Comments
  • K'Tesh September 26, 2008 at 5:15 pm

Heading out to check out ODOT and Portland’s work on my requests for pruning/missing signs/and dangerous storm drains…

I’ll post pics in the forums…

Have a great time, and watch out for those mosquitos ;)

• gabriel amadeus September 26, 2008 at 5:34 pm

well, you know that best stuff is just right over here…

• Jean M. September 26, 2008 at 10:06 pm

Heading down to Salem on Sunday for the Peach Century–although I’m a wimp, so I’m only doing the metric. Weather is supposed to be beautiful, and I’m looking forward to a gorgeous ride through the mid-Willamette valley. Woo hoo!

• Cecil September 27, 2008 at 1:50 pm

A rare off-the-bike weekend for me. Well not entirely off the bike – I will be riding it around town on errands, including a trip up to Infinity Tattoo for some new bike-y (geeky) artwork . . .

• Tom Knipe September 27, 2008 at 2:17 pm

Taking the kids to the Polish Festival tomorrow in the trailer. N. Interstate and Failing. http://www.portlandpolonia.org/festival/

• Amos September 27, 2008 at 6:43 pm

Training for the harvest century and feeling good about the weather. It’s my first organized ride of any kind (other than local dos i find on the Shift list) and I have no idea what I’m doing. YAY!

• BURR September 27, 2008 at 9:23 pm

saw lots of cyclists all about town on Friday night and Saturday, also plenty of bikes at the Mercury’s debate night at Roots Brewpub

• bill September 28, 2008 at 12:40 am

Introduced the new gf to the joy and wonders of cycling, as I took her on a 10+ mile bike ride down the good ‘ol Springwater Corridor today.

• Suburban September 28, 2008 at 8:38 am

Saturday: Rode solo form NE Portland to SE Eugene via Canby, Scio, Crabtree and Brownsville. about 130 mi . Nice weather. I recommend Bikely.com to cycle tourists. See “East Valey route”

• finamin September 28, 2008 at 9:10 am

oh larch mountain
    damp in pine aroma,
    and cherry-top views

• Gil Johnson September 28, 2008 at 10:11 pm

All I did was meander around town on my bike on Saturday, but somebody got married at Sellwood Park:

• jarratt September 29, 2008 at 10:35 am

I made this video about an awesome recycled bike program that I did a tour with this summer in a South African township. They are sososo Great! Check it out! Vote! Comment!

• Arem September 30, 2008 at 10:15 am

I…stayed in most of the weekend, dang coworker gave me a bad bug.