Posted by Jonathan Maus ( Publisher/Editor ) on September 15th, 2008 at 4:57 pm
on his commute bike (just kidding).
(Photo courtesty Mr. Burkholder)
This just in from the public affairs office at Metro (our regional, elected government): Tomorrow (9/16),
five six members of the Metro Council (excluding President David Bragdon) will ride their bikes into Metro headquarters at 600 NE Grand.
According to the Metro press release, “This event is being held in celebration of the Bicycle Transportation Alliance’s annual Bike Commute Challenge,” which is held each September.
Here are some basic details of the councilors commutes, so if you’re on these routes (and you’re wonky enough to recognize these folks), don’t forget to ring your bell and say “hi”.
- District 5 Councilor Rex Burkholder will bike in with District 4 Councilor Kathryn Harrington from the Tanasbourne area;
- District 3 Councilor Carl Hosticka will make a combined bus/bike commute in from the Tigard area;
- District 2 Councilor Carlotta Collette will bike in on the Springwater Trail from Milwaukie;
- District 6 Councilor Robert Liberty will bike in from inner SE Portland;
- District 1 Councilor Rod Park will ride on MAX light rail from Gresham to the NE 42nd Ave./Hollywood station, then bike in from there.